Homefront

So... Back to normal life right? uh... wrong. It appears that my little stunt fucked with our time travel trip back home. Thankfully the universe has seemed to right itself without us for roughly eight months. The rogues back in Central 'mourned' us in their own way aka they held off on their robbery sprees for a good 2 months out of respect for the dead, poured out a couple of beers on our statues at the Flash museum and stopped attacking the museum entirely.  Nice right? Boy was Supes surprised to see our red and yellow asses on the Watchtower and I thought I couldn't scare that guy more! 

Anyway the point is, the world has changed. There are more heroes in the league, Robin's older now and has a particular delinquent little brother, looks like that's something else my meddling has changed. Wally West super sleuthed the whole charade during our absence, recreated the Flash experiment and is currently in a mini-coma. Booster Gold didn't notice we were gone. Barry gave Hal a massive (totally manly) hug. Q and Black Canary punched me for worrying them and one of these statements is not like the others...

What the flying fuck Wallace West! Maybe in hindsight I should have made as many Flash-related puns and used my real name in my superhero name (but that's totally Barry and the Rouges fault there) but whatever kid! Honestly, it was gonna happen sometime, but did it HAVE to be MY fault when it did? 

Barry and I sit through the most agonizing debrief at the hands of Martian Manhunter, each of us fidgeting in our seats with pent-up concern for the kid. Finally Manhunter relents and tells us that he has enough basic information for now, but that he expects a detailed report by monday. Whatever! Let's just get out of here. We rush for the zetatubes, bowling over Vigilante (the cowboy) on the way. "Sorry Greg!" I yell over my shoulder, briefly forgetting that it'll just sound like gibberish to him. Whoops? Just a minor causality to the ridiculous haste we're taking. 

Dashing it to the hospital in central and swapping into our civies in a broom closet, Barry brushes his hand and finally gives Wally the last ingredient to make a speedster. A spark of the speedforce flits between their fingertips like a static shock and suddenly Wally jolts to life. At eight times the speed of the rest of the world. "Uncle Barry?" he yawns with a stretch that is slightly hampered by the frankly distinguishing number of wires attached to him. 

I don't think either of them notice that they are out of sync with the rest of the world. It's a good thing too, since if we were in real time, Wally would be swarmed by doctors thinking he's having a heart attack. I get Barry's attention -he had been telling Wally how dangerous his stunt was and Wally was fanboying over his biggest hero- and I tap my watch, prompting him to check his own. "Wally's a speedster Barry. He's one of us." I explain "That was still very dangerous kiddo, you could have died or never woken up and then how would Barry and I feel? I'm Jessie Allen by the way."

"Allen?, then do I call you Aunt Jessie?" he questions, ignoring Barry's complaining. "Call me whatever you like kiddo." I grin. "Jessie! I can't believe you're encouraging this!" Barry attempts to scold me. I roll my eyes at him, "Barr. You don't get it. This is a fact to me. Something that has already happened and was always destined to. So, get with the program. We're gonna have to teach the kid Speedster 101, whether or not you keep your panties in a twist." I scoff at his ridiculous attitude. He stalks out of the room grumbling, "I'm not gonna help my nephew get himself killed." 

GREAT. Now Wally's hero has no faith in him. WOW Barry! You're f*ckin WONDERFUL with kids! dammit. Now I have to train him myself so he isn't stuck at hyperspeed for the rest of eternity. With a sigh, I start walking him through that cool down routine that Barry taught me when I woke up with the speedforce. Unsurprisingly, it was hard for us to play off the whole cardiac-arrest-speedster-heart-bullshit, but we managed to convince them that when Wally woke up, the first thing he did was pull off his monitors in confusion. Took a bit of speedwhispering, but all in all his parents came to pick him up and he promised to come visit "Auntie Jess" soon. And with that, my speedster-sitting responsibilities were completed. 

I dashed home to find that my key didn't work. Looks like somebody changed the locks. I called up Bats and he explained that he's got my stuff in boxes and I can come pick it up while he looks for somewhere else for me to stay. I called back into work and apparently in Barry and I's absence they picked up a temporary forensic scientist. One. Now they believe that they can get by with one less chemical forensics person and Barry has seniority so I've been incredibly apologetically sacked. Ugh... One of those days right? 

On the plus side, Joker just murdered a handful of forensic scientists in Gotham when he raided the GCPD building. So... there's vacancies... Thankfully my old boss was more than pleased to write a letter of recommendation to Commissioner Gordon and with that I transferred. I mean, it's not like I can't be back to Central City in a Flash if the rouges act up or Wally needs me. I end up finding a place sufficently distant from main street and crime alley that has a closed circuit ventalation system, pipes water from another city and backs up it's security cameras to several different on and off site servers. Man, Gotham is no joke on supervillian protection. Not that I can't handle myself and not that I'm ignoring the fact that the little kid downstairs is a five year old Anarky and the little girl across the street is a young Duela Dent. 

Welcome to Gotham people. A Supervillian or supervillian to be on every street corner. Whatever, at least I've always known more about Gotham City Rouges than any others. Let's do this shit.