Count Verti-go to hell

Woke to find myself bound tightly and an IV in my arm, the world was normal, painfully slow for someone used to living out every millisecond. I strained against the metal straps holding me to a pathetic looking folding chair. "Hey Count Douchebag! Good Fuckin Morning!" I shouted at my captor who was likely watching somehow. He stepped out of the shadows, light dramatically falling across his face, I was scared for a moment, but now I realize that if he wanted me dead that I probably would be already. I glare at him fearlessly barking, "What do you want with me." "Well, I know that you know the future and that you are an honorary league member now. You see, I can hack the Batman's files as easily as any villain." He said casually flipping my new ID card between his fingers. "Thank speedforce." I thought as I discretely shuffled my foot around in my boot to find a small rock-like lump in it. I glanced up fearfully. How long will it take them to notice I'm gone?!?! Calm down, Jessie. Just calm down.

I should probably be focusing on the Count, he's still monologue-ing. "-so with your knowledge of the future we will devise a plan that will work and I will be king of Vlatvia!!!" He finished triumphantly. "Okay jackass, Here's how it's gonna go. You're not getting shit outta me. You're gonna let me go before the league comes for me and then try to escape before we find you again. Besides, you'll never win. With as many heroes as there are to beat your sorry ass, no scheme you could think up would have a chance of working." I spit. He sneers, "Watch your tongue Flash-whore. I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. Bring in the specialists." Vertigo stalked out the door and in marched two men in full black gear that completely disguised them. They laid out lighters, knives and a first aid kit.

"Okay", I thought, "So they aren't allowed to kill me or leave me injured. I should be fine." The taller one nodded at his partner, they both began to land punch after punch on me. It seemed like hours before they stopped. Throbbing and shuddering violently I licked the blood from my split lip. They had moved but I didn't notice until they were twisting my lower leg violently around until I heard a pop and a snap. I screamed through the building, but my cries fell on deaf ears as my leg hung lifeless at an unnatural angle, blood gushing out of tears in my skin and bone protruding slightly from the gashes. I bit my lip to keep myself from crying in front of a villain. The short one grabbed a lighter from the table and began to burn the wounds shut, but he also scorched skin across my knee. I single tear rolled down my face as I begged in my mind for someone to find me. Then I was punched from behind, knocking me out cold for the second time today.

I wake to find Count Vertigo standing over me, "So, what do say to my proposal this time?" He probes, eyes like a snakes and rubbing his hands together greedily. I roll my eyes, joking, "What was your proposal again? I was too busy dying of boredom." He scoffs, "Have it your way." He leaves me to my own devices. I tap my foot innocently, checking for the hidden comm-link, and find it just where I left it. Wincing at the movement it took to tap my foot, I take an inventory of my wounds. Swollen eye, split lip, bruising all over my arms and chest, burns that sting a little, but aren't horrible, oh and a leg broken so badly that bone is jutting out! I still ache all over, but this is clearly not the worst that they could do for torture, maybe they thought I'd fold quickly and torturing allies is bad? "Come on Q, Bats, Barry, anyone!" I think, "You're definitely smart enough! Find me!" A man walks in, also clad in the distinct black uniform as the other lackeys. He doesn't make a sound while he changes the IV bag, but the look he gave me looked either concerned or pitying. Either way it didn't stop him from walking out just as silently as he had entered. Maybe I should have said something to him. Next time he comes in, I'll try and get him to help me.

Soon Vertigo's two goons are back, but they are the same height now. One of them twists my leg back into place and sets it. I prepare to scream through the compound, but the other one covers my mouth quickly. I look down to realize that it has healed completely and I'm not covered in bruises anymore. One stands up and flickers the IV bag growling, "Saline." The other one unites me, pulls out the IV and offers me a hand informing, "It will be sore for a while, but you should be able to run on it." "Thanks" I groan. I guess there are more important injuries for my speed to tend to than a throat hoarse from screaming. We walk right out the front door and the boy's pull off their black masks and reveal their superhero masks, Batman and Flash. "What are we waiting for. Let's go!" I urge. Batman puts his hand out to stop me and Flash explains, "We are waiting for one more." Suddenly a man in a blue trench coat kicks open the double doors and says, "Let's get her out of here." "Q!" I greet smiling, "I didn't know you're here!" "Of course I am, who do you think switched out the IV bags." he states matter of factly. "Then you saw..." I trail off, my gaze turning to the ground shamefully. "Yes. I did." He speaks through clenched teeth with his fists balled. I just now notice them dripping with blood. "Batman, you need better security on your computer." He growls protectively.

Batman nods. Not good enough. I speed over to him, ignoring the painful protest of my leg, and pin him up against the side of the building. I bark, "All my information off the Batcomputer and in a safe. All your contingency plans for me memorized and burned to ashes. I don't care if you have videos of me fighting for your stupid analysis bullshit, but I know that computer isn't the safest place for information." He nods as best he can and then I put him down. I start to walk off and he whispers, "172" "Huh?" I question in a rude manner. "There were 172 ways out of the grab, but none that wouldn't hurt you." He sheepishly explains. "Aww. He really cares." I think, but I simply state, "Women have always been your weakness Batman, and you never learn." 

Hello readers!!! It's your friendly neighborhood writer here! Sorry this chapter's a little late, we had a three day weekend and I accidentally mistook today for Sunday. Oh well. Anyway, let me know if you liked this by commenting and voting. Also, should there be romance? If there is I'm lining it up to be either Q, Batman or Flash.