Flashpoint Paradox Part Trés

I pull my gun and check the safety. It's off. Good. It'll need to be for what I'm about to do. I pull Thomas and Grifter off to the side.

"I know how Bats like contingency plans, so here's mine. It's you two." I declare looking them dead in the eyes. "Aquaman's belt buckle is the trigger for the doomsday device. You need to get it away from him or it will be the end of your world."

"But Jessie... If you go back a fix the time stream none of this will happen. It doesn't matter what happens to us." Thomas says in that condescending tone that aggravates me so much when his son uses it.

"I'm not certain that we're gonna win this time. At the very least, you'll be giving us time." I explain harshly before uttering seriously, "You'll have to fight until your last breath boys. More than one world's existence will depend on it."

"One more thing," Batman insists as he digs in his utility belt, "If you make it back to your world, would you give Bruce this?" He hands over a folded up envelope.

"Of course." I gingerly accept it and place it in

I'm still fading fast, but I manage to keep my grasp on my weapon, gritting my teeth and nodding quickly both to tell them to go. Bats gets the idea and starts to purposefully march off but realises Grifter isn't following and grabs him by the collar towards the battlefield.

Now it's time for my mission, following Thomas's footsteps from the movie I jog at human speed towards the location of the final showdown and find what I was expecting.

Reverse Flash aka Worst Villain Name Ever standing. No. Gloating over Barry's prone form. My hero is bleeding out and I know what I have to do. I hear Reverse Flash's wild, manic, cackling as I line up my shot with my borrowed weapon.

Stilling my form and letting out the breath I didn't realise I was holding I pull the trigger...

He goes down easily... Almost too easily, but I don't have time to focus on the idea that I've just killed someone.

Rushing over to Flash, I see that Reverse made the move I was expecting and ran his leg through with a twisted piece of metal. Not sure if I'm disgusted or relieved. Relieved because this means that I haven't messed up the timeline horribly yet. But disguised because...

My eyes drift to his horribly graphic wound as I pale and choke down bile. I know what I have to do. The world is gonna go up in flames. I don't have time to be nice.

Steeling my courage, I get a firm grip on the metal which is difficult because my fingers just want to phase right through it. He mumbles something while wincing so I spare him a second.

"I'm so sorry Barry." I apologize as sympathetic tears threaten to roll down my face.

And with that I wretch at the metal and he starts to scream. It's slow going, far too slow for a speedsters like us. Then again, it's hardly my fault that his leg keeps healing wrong around the metal. It's not my fault that Reverse managed to stab him right through both bones in his lower leg. That bastard!

I growl and see red. Ripping Reverse's stupid attack out of Barry's leg roughly before I've quite realised what I've done. I staunch the blood with my hands and wait... and wait. and wait.

Finally his eyes blink back into focus and spits out a few choice words that DEFINITELY didn't make it into the PG-13 film I watched of this oh so long ago. Not that I can really blame him.

"Nice language. You know in my world kids watch your show right?" I scoff.

"Heh" he sounds both questioning and joking. He slowly sits up.

"Come on Barry. You don't have time to take it slow." I say standing and offering my transparent hand to help him up.

He braces arms behind himself and quips "Why take it slow when I'm the fastest man alive?"

He reaches for my hand but his just slips through mine as if it wasn't there. He wobbles and almost falls flat on his face, but manages to find his balance.

"Looks like it's time for you to go." I say urgently as the envelope falls out of my pocket, "Please, take that to Bru-" I wince, "Batman" I amend. The whole identity thing is weird with him.

He takes the letter, but doesn't run off at the speed of time like I expected. He looks me dead in the eye and swears, "I won't leave without you." Like it's a promise.

"Barry, you don't have a choice." I mutter with a condescending lilt. "I won't be able to run very long before I fade and you can't carry me." A single tear runs down my cheek as I look away so that this isn't how he remembers me.

He takes a step forward, invading my space but not standing in me. He laughs with a sadness poorly concealed behind it, "Then run with me if you've got nothing to lose."

I nod and wipe away me tears.

"Let's save the world. One more time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright boys and girls! See you next whenever!!!

Lol. XD

Did you really think I was that cruel?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We take off together and rush through time and space, back to the moment where this all started. Back to the moment where Barry's mom died.

I don't know where I'm going and I stumbled twice, but Barry was there to offer advice and guide me.

"IT'S NOT THAT FAR NOW!!! YOU CAN MAKE IT JESSIE!!!!" He shouts over the space-time continuum as we pass it by at a breakneck pace.

I see dark spots encroaching on my vision and feel that eerie calm that sends so many warning bells up, but it's like I don't even care. I should. I just.... Barry's shouting right now. I suppose I should do something about that......

Through my blurry vision is see Barry slowing down. Great... We can stop now...

Darkness consumes my sight and the last thing I feel is strong arms catching me...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers! It's your friendly neighborhood writer here with the latest installment of Fangirls are Heroes fresh off the presses and probably full of horribly embarrassing errors.

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to comment and like if you'd like to see more of this.

(Honestly. I've got two popular stories and if the muses don't strike me with an idea, then I just go by whichever one has the most on the last chapter.)