Holy Shit Fuck!

(Barry's POV)

She wanted to give up so I convinced her to try. As we ran I could see her flickering in and out of existence. I get it. I've hit the top of my speed range and felt like something was calling to me. She called it the speedforce and said it softly like it was someplace nice, but if it takes her then it's as bad as the villains we fight.

I call out to her; trying to keep her here. We're almost home free. But as soon as we break into the moment that I've seen twice now she falters and disappears.

"no..." I whimper. I guess I wasn't fast enough... Looking up I see my past self across the living room. We are both moving so fast that my mother's murder is frozen in front of us.

He cocks his head in confusion. I try to explain, voice breaking, "You can't- We can't do it." He looks like he's about to argue but I manage to choke out the rest of my warning. "It will ki- Jessie won't survive. You'll doom the world. It's- it's just not worth it..."

He nods sadly and zips off to his own time. Having nothing better to do I half-heartily run back to my own time with tears in my eyes.

The moment I get home I collapse onto the couch; a sobbing wreck. How could I let this happen? I should have listened when she warned me and Cyborg. I shouldn't have messed with the timeline. How did this go so wrong? Why would I trade the lives of everyone I've saved for a mom I can barely remember? I nearly-

SMACK!!!!

I whip my head around in a daze. What the fuck?!?!

"That's for fucking with time travel you big, tights-wearing dunce!!!" I turn to see none other than Jessie scolding my stupid ass.

I'm not even offended. I don't even argue. I just silently wrap her in a hug to prove she's really there as tears continue to streak down my face.

Her angers subsides as she hugs me back. "I was only gone for a minute you doof." She softly rubs circles into my back.

"I thought I was never going to see you again..." I whimper softly.

"Yeah. It takes a bit more than that to take down a fangirl." She smirks kindly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise!!! I didn't kill off my main character! I seriously thought about finishing off this story here with her death and an epilogue of grieving superheroes, but even I'm not that angsty. Also I wouldn't put the blame on Barry.

Plus!!! There's soooo much more I want to do with this story!!! Prepare yourselves for Nightwing, Jason Todd, Kid Flash and Jessie actually finishing that conversation with Q instead of just teasing him with cryptic answers and little hints constantly.

All this and more in the next arc of Fangirls Are Heroes!!!

This is your friendly neighborhood writer signing off!