Falcon Punch!

My comm-link blared into life as Q is reading through the last folder of data. A panicky Flash wheezes between the hyperfast sounds of fists hitting skin, "Jessie... help.....". I blast into action. First grabbing Q's tape recorder and speedily explaining my sudden departure as well as I can. Then I switch into my costume, vibrating just enough so that photographs would be no more than unrecognizable blur and I speed out to the alleyway.

I aggressively push my comm button and growl, "Bats. Track Flash's comm." He responds in his gravelly voice (so he's not alone), "You aren't a full member. You don't have those privileges." I grit my teeth attempting to be as nice as possible, "He called for help. He didn't give his location. Tell me where he is or I will paint the Batmobile pink and hide all of Manhunter's oreos." I threaten. "I don't believe the Batman's mistakes should be taken out on me, Jessie." Manhunter said stoically. Batman breaks the silence, "Central City. Break in at The Flash Museum." He hangs up rudely, but I'm too worried to care.

When I reach the museum I dash in on Professor Zoom holding a beaten and bleeding Flash down to the ground. Zoom's right arm cocked back like a gun and vibrating rapidly; his signature kill.  He is grinning like a mad man, enjoying every single millisecond until I hit him in the nose with the hardest punch I've ever thrown and my taser cranked up to it's highest level. He goes flying across the room and lands in a model of Superman and Flash racing around the earth.

"Flash!" I shout at the unconscious hero who is laying at my feet. Shaking my head I think, "First things first." I dash over to Zoom, checking to see that he's K.O'ed. He's out like a light, but still I kick his kneecaps out to the wrong side. It makes a horrifying, crunching and clicking noise and he sits up screaming suddenly, before I punch him again he flops back down. Tapping my comm, I am once again greeted by a gruff voice, "Jessie. What's the situation." Batman demands more than asks. I almost whimper.

No! Get a hold of yourself Jessie! I compose myself and answer, "Zoom is unconscious and Flash is down." I dash to Barry's side and check a handful of vitals before continuing, "Flash has several lacerations on his torso, his heartbeat is too slow for a speedster and he isn't breathing well. Bats. He needs to go to the med-bay, now." Batman grunts which I assume is supposed to be in agreement, "Manhunter and I will teleport down. Anything else we should know?" I pause, scanning the area, "He brought his cosmic treadmill. I assume you'll want it rather than letting Cadmus take it?" Manhunter begins to ask who Cadmus is, but someone put their hand over his mouth. "Yes. That sounds like the best plan. We don't want it in the wrong hands." Batman answered for him. Do they not know yet? Is Batman working on it alone and not telling anyone? This is bad, but Bats can wait on interrogating me. Flash is hurt.

When the leaguers arrive I've already found the dagger Zoom used, Flash is still bleeding which is weird due to his speed and Zoom is awake, but is wisely not speaking. I had earlier moved him closer to Flash so I could keep an eye on both of them at the same time. If I know anything it's that you don't take your eyes off an angry speedster, 'cause then they are gone. Batman takes me out of my checklist, by slowly saying something. I am sped up to make sure Flash keeps breathing and Zoom doesn't try shit. I hastily warn Zoom that if he even touches Flash I will break all of his fingers and then I slow to Batman's speed. "Come again?" "You are riding with Green Lantern to take the treadmill up to the watchtower." He states firmly. I glare at him and he explains, "You know more about it then I could brief him on and likely more than I do." I sigh and report, "I found the knife Zoom hit him with. Check it for some sort of toxin, these cuts should have healed already and his bruises should be gone too." Manhunter is yelling at Zoom to get up and walk to the spot where they teleported in. I thought about letting Manhunter beat him up, but I speak up instead, "He can't walk. I kicked his kneecaps out, but watch his hands. He has a habit of sticking them through people's hearts." Glaring at the supervillian I threaten, "If you do that he'll have to go intangible and drop your injured ass. Understand." He nods slightly and Manhunter takes him off to the teleport. Batman checks Flash's pulse and turns back to me with a horrified look on his face, "Jessie. He's..." he almost whispers in his normal voice. "No." I state bluntly. He raises an eyebrow, but still steps back to let me check for myself. Dipping into speedtime I reach for his wrist and start to count to his pulse to a four-four beat left over from playing guitar in my childhood. Slowing back to reality I turn on to Batman and roughly explain, "His pulse is way too slow for a speedster and getting weaker. Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it's not there. Now take him up to med-bay before he is actually dead."

It took forever for Green Lantern to fly here from his hometown and I clean up the wreckage of the Flash Museum to keep my mind off of it. I'm just about finished when GL finally arrives. I spin around to greet John, but I see an all too familiar GL in a large green vest with orange hair. My expression quickly turns sour, "Guy... Where's the real GL." I growl. "Right here sweetheart." He says as cocky as ever, "But if you're looking for that lackey he's off world right now." I take on my best commanding officer voice, "You are to help me take the cosmic treadmill to the watchtower. Try anything on me and I will tase your horny ass." He rolled his eyes, but kept quiet the entire time. When got through the watchtower's air lock and I ran the treadmill to Cyborg's tech lockup I had to explain to Cyborg why he shouldn't let anyone mess with it and he isn't allowed to tinker either. I really don't have the time to make a full briefing right now; I have to check on Barry.