Road Trip

Letting Barry take the lead, We dashed out of Central. I really hadn't been on a road trip this big before so nothing buzzing by was familiar, until about five minutes later when we hit The Grand Canyon. We were standing at the bottom of the Canyon wall when Barry smiled and blurted out "Race ya to the top!" He took about eight steps back and motioned for me to do the same, so I followed him and then he defied gravity. Well, not literally I know he worked up enough speed, just like I had at The Fortress of Solitude. However he's not gonna beat me if he's going that slowly. So I zipped past him on my way up the Canyon wall and yelled from the top "Hurry up slowpoke!". He smirked and took off towards a unknown destination with me at his side.

Eventually we arrive in Star city, which I was only able to tell because of the imposing structure of Star labs on the skyline, to meet up with Green Arrow and Black Canary. Green Arrow does a weird handshake with Barry and then Barry stands between Canary and Arrow. Arrow challenges, "To be a hero to me you have to dodge the arrow."

"Piece of cake, Arrow!" I shout back, already knowing his trick. He grins and as he fires I speed up to slow down his arrow. Glancing around I see a almost circle of almost undetectable arrow shooters letting out a small puff of smoke. I pluck the single arrow out of the air and then snatch the ammo from the ground shooters. Slowing back down I tease "Looks like I wi-" I'm cut off by something that hits like a quarterback and stings like a gunshot wound. I collapse down to my knees, whimpering and looking for what the hell is happening to find the tip of an arrow pierced through my right shoulder. Someone steps on my back and rips the arrow out, making me scream. As soon as it's out I feel the pain go from ripping to a dull throb and soon fading to a vague ache. I look up to see Arrow slapping Speedy upside the head, saying something to the lines of, "What the fuck were you thinking! We never hit anyone that hard!!!", but I didn't care.

Barry was kneeling right next to me, making sure everything healed right and wiping the blood from my suit. He friction burned the thin fabric back together and remorsefully said, "I knew he was going to shoot you, but I didn't know he'd hit you this hard." The pain was almost gone, so I decided I was getting back at Speedy. "You Arrow's sidekick?" I teased more than asked Roy Harper, trying to figure out if he had gotten kicked out yet. "Yeah! You got a problem with that?" I sped up to him and whispered "I would drop the drugs before Arrow finds out if I were you." He shouts "Fuck off!" as he swings his fist at me. Remembering Flash's move from earlier, I grabbed him at the wrist and the shoulder, using his momentum and a little speed to ninja flip him on to his back. He groans and I look up to see everyone's shocked faces. Barry almost speedspeaks, "Okay-time-to-go." Canary whines, "Aww I didn't even get to spar with her yet." I sympathetically respond, "I'm sorry, I can't really fight without accidentally using my speed. By the way, thanks for helping Bar-, um The Flash with my costume, it's super cute!" She grins, "Anytime!"

And we are on the road again, but this time Barry speaks, "What did you say to Speedy?" I grin, "That's for me to know and you to find out when it comes out in the papers." "Okay," he reasons,"I've gotten the time travel warning before, but tell me this, I've always wondered if I get to settle down. You know, have a family. Cause most heroes don't. Do I?" "Yes. She is wonderful." I answer honestly. He smiles wider than I've ever seen him do before, and I know he'll be happy someday.

Soon we were stopping in an abandoned warehouse in Gotham City, it was oddly eerie, but I couldn't place it until Robin swung down from the rafters with a well-aimed boot to the face coming for me. I leapt forward, but apparently he wasn't done, because he snapped something around my neck. I knew exactly what it had to be, an inhibitor collar. He clipped his utility belt around his chest like a seat belt so he wasn't tempted to grab anything out of it. He put his fists up and bat-growls, "Drop the taser." I stutter, "How did you-" He grins, breaking his dark demeanor for the first time,"I hacked the bats files." There's the Robin I remember. "Don't go too hard on me, I'm just a Brown Belt." I joke, even though I know he could really hurt me like this. He teases childishly, "So I heard you kicked Speedy's ass." "Hey!" I start defensively, "He started it. It's not my fault he ended up on the floor!" "So," he says, "let the battle begin."

I take my eyes off him for a second, to and he's gone. He soon he's speeding from the rafters, and I just barely dodge. He lands in a roll and jumps up. I go to throw the first punch and he launches off my arm and lands behind me, swiftly kicking my legs out from under me. "Point one to the Boy Wonder!" I congratulate, slightly out of breath. He gives me a big, toothy grin as he holds his hand out to help me up. Barry snickers, and I shout to him, "Hey! You have any idea how disorienting it is to go from running ten-thousand frames per second to normal?!?!" He nods slightly. Robin tosses me a waterbottle and I grab a bag of Oreos from my jacket pocket. Thankfully, they aren't too smashed. I offer, "Hey Rob!" He turns around, confused at the nickname, "Want some Oreos? I know the Bat has a big health food thing going, but hey. I'd like to watch him try to catch me." He grins in agreement and has about three before I ask, "Um... Are you gonna take the collar off?"

He quickly says, "Best two out of three, before launching off the floor with a fist out." I grab his wrist, pulling the same move I used on Roy, but this time I turned around in time to plant my foot on his chest. He tries to twist my foot to force me off, but he isn't strong enough to get anywhere with that yet. "Dang it." He groans, "I saw Batman do that once." I step off and help him up. "Point one for the newbie" I tease.

"Alright, one more. But this time collar off and I get my toys." He bargains. I agree, even though I know he's better with his tools than I am with my speed. He uses a tool that looks vaguely like a skate key, unlocks the collar and slips it back into his belt. "Okay", he says while slipping his utility belt back into place. "Don't hit me too hard, Batman would go full overprotective dad on you." I nod and then decide to get the jump on him, running up to knock him down, but he sidesteps, tripping me and before I can stop myself I get a face full of concrete. "Oh shit!" I hear Robin yell. I get up and smile despite the pain it causes. I know I need to get something to clean out my face before the wounds close. I laugh halfheartedly and say, "Looks like you win Rob!" Barry runs over and pour some rubbing alcohol into my scrapes and then they close quickly with an odd tingly feeling. Robin looks stunned. I laugh it off, "Come on. If you saw me flip Speedy, then you know I've gotten worse today." Barry urged, "We ought to get going." "Okay," I agreed, "Thanks for the sparring match Rob!" I turned around to wave good bye, but he was gone except for his signature cackle that echoed in the warehouse behind him.

Hey there readers! It's your friendly neighborhood writer! Couldn't help but write an extra chapter this weekend! Hope you enjoyed it!