The Interrogation

I awoke to myself handcuffed to a cold, metal chair with a matching metal table between me and the Dark Knight. He's leaning up against the wall in the shadows next to the only light in the room that seems like it's trying to blind me. He glares at me from the darkness as my mind races.

"There's no way that Superman was flying. It had to be a trick. A small part of played with the idea of what if this is real. If this is real then I've just pissed off most of the Leaguers that I just met and I just KNOW that Clark heard the boy-scout comment."

Batman abruptly interrupted the whirlwind of insanity going through my head by dragging the metal chair across the floor as he sat down.

"Typical scare tactic." I thought, disappointed with his beginning move considering that he's supposed to be able to make anyone spill their beans. However I'm not planning on being a problem for him. I want to explain what happened. Maybe he can help.

THUD!!!!!

"How do you know our identities!!!" Batman growls in my face while slamming his arm into the table. I jump in my seat. Never mind. I take it back. He knows what he's doing.

I reel my arms back and squeak "You can't be real. None of you are real!" Then he stood sit for a moment; looking at me as if I was the most fragile being in existence.

He flips on the overhead lights and turns off the spotlight, then calmly utters "Explain."

I told him about Comic-Con and the portal. He explains it as a dimensional rift, he's been keeping an eye on. Now I have to tell him how I knew so much about him and the other leaguers. I hope he believes me.

"Um." I start, "In my dimension there are comic books about your world. There are even movies. Where I come from everyone knows basic stuff about you guys. Like everyone knows Superman is Clark Kent, a reporter dating Lois Lane and that Kryptonite is his weakness." "Really?" Batman asks "Everyone knows about the Kryptonite?" I smirk and add, "Kryptonite has come to mean the same thing as weakness." Then Batman grins genuinely and I am shell-shocked.

Suddenly I remember a contingency error. I have to save him. So I shimmie out of the handcuffs (which is a skill I am not proud of) and run down the hall towards Barry's lab. I rush into the room and open my mouth to warn him when I'm hit by a random bolt of lightning and slammed into a cabinet full of beakers and chemicals. I scream so loud that the entire satellite can hear me as the broken glass rips into my flesh. As I begin to black out, I wonder why this keeps happening to me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey readers! It's your friendly neighbourhood writer here and since I neglected to update on Monday I wrote an extra chapter for you today.

*Shout out at the end of tomorrow's chapter to anyone who can tell me what's up with a lighting bolt in outer space!
-Cotyc