Breaking into the Fortress

I'm finally starting to freak out when we are half way to The Fortress of Solitude. Since I can't fly and have no idea where the Fortress is hidden; Batman is giving me a lift. Everyone else is latched onto the backs of the handful of heroes capable of flight.

I break the silence of the Batplane, "Someone needs to call B'Wanna Beast and Vixen, and tell them to stay underground for a while. Not to come out of hiding 'til we tell them to. I know they'll hate it, but it's the only way to keep them safe." Batman nods like a solider and then asks, "Why did you want us about this invasion. There could be consequences." I ponder that for a second (that's literally all I need with my speed, now I understand why Flash has all those snappy comebacks) and answer, "The Starro invasion didn't do anything to help this universe so it should be prevented. No hero learned a new skill, gained new powers or anything vital to stopping a different threat. So why have casualties if I can stop it?"

"Any tips for the future?" Bruce says in a oddly casual tone without his "Batman" voice. I pause for a second and then retort, "Yeah! If you and Clark ever have to share a room on a cruise ship, get off the boat at all costs!" He laughs in the slightly creepy manner that'd I'd only ever heard with Joker gas involved and I grimace. Though I don't think he noticed. Then again he's Batman, he notices everything. It's odd to see him in the moments that wouldn't be in a tv show. He's fairly calm and easier to talk to than most people I know. Weird...

Our Anti-Starro team consists of Captain Marvel (Shazam), Captain Atom, Fire, Ice, Static Shock and Red Tornado. We land roughly 100 ft from the entrance of the Fortress. Batman had told the leaguers that I'd be briefing them when we got there on Starro.

I swing over the side of the Batplane and land with a crunch of the snow beneath the boots that we "borrowed" from Wonder Woman in our haste. She's gonna be pissed. Man I really suck at first impressions.

I look up for a second as I slip a little on a small patch of ice and see the sunset hitting the top crystals of Clark's Fortress with a bright magenta and golden gleam that makes the entire group stop and stare in understanding. Now we know why Superman chose to hide here; it's beautiful. I dash in front of our heroes still staring in awe and start with, "We are about to break into Superman's house. Marvel, you're our ticket inside. You're the only one strong enough to lift the key. NOBODY TOUCH THE STARROS! Zap, Burn or Freeze these pests. They will latch on where ever they touch and control your mind. They could be anywhere in the fortress, but most should be near the water entrance. Batman, you've been here before so you'll lead the way." I finish and glance over our small team. I hope we are enough.

Rallying my courage, I turn the fortress that I know harbors death and shout "Let's save the world!

Hey readers! It's your friendly neighborhood writer here! Shoutout to anyone who spotted the reference! Also there will probably be another update this weekend!