Make Ups and Monsters

Tooth POV

"Well.....her heart has been how do I put this ...uh well...freezed." Gnome said in a uneasy way.

We had taken Hazel back to Gnome. The only people that were there was the sicken kids, Gnome,me,Jack and Hazel. We decided not to call in everybody because it so close to Christmas North can't make it. And Bunny is helping him catch up. Christmas was in 2 days.

"So what do we do?Will she be okay? God this is all my fault." Jack was beating himself down as he did all the way back here.

"It's thankfully not to critical,we will just place her near warmth.And she will regain her normal health." Gnome said reassuringly.Jack sighed and nodded. Then through the window came Baby Tooth. "Sorry I have to go,they need me. But I'll be back in the morning.Promise." I fly out with Baby Tooth. Oh I hope everything will be alright.

Jacks POV

So do I just place her near the fireplace or wha-?"

"NO,NEVER PLACE HAZEL BY FIRE. SHE WILL FREAK OUT! SHE HAS A SERIOUS PHOBIA OF FIRE."

I freeze in my tracks. "Hazel has a fear of fire? But how and why?" I ask.

"We don't know,but as far as we have learned its something to do with her past,her human life. Now we tried to see what it could be but Tooth said nobody cam see her memories,only her. And she doesn't want to."

"Oh." I take a minute to take this all in.So Hazel doesn't know her past yet...hmm. Maybe I can help her with that. I place her on my lap because there are no more couches they are all used by the kids. Speaking if the kids. "Hey Gnome heres the book you wanted." He came over with blankets and I gave him the book. I covered Hazel with the blankets as she slept so peacefully. Her head was on my thighs so I played around with her curly hair.

Hazel POV

'Flames all around me and new ones bursting in every corner. I try and run,run away but there was no escape.My body is catching on fire,I fall to the ground with a thud as I scream in pain.I am on fire,before I except defeat I take one last gasp of air. As my head swings up for air I find a small hole in the ceiling and through it is the moon. The moon grows bigger and big and bigger when all of a sudden a wooden piece from the ceiling falls on my stomach and I close my eyes'

I burst my eyes open and look up to see Jack and me in blankets.I was feeling awfully cold too. I didn't know if it was Jack or how he struck me with his ice.

"Hazel, you okay?" He asked gently.

"Y-yeah, just a dream." I said as I look one more time across the room for flames. "What was it about?" He was playing with my hair making bows and knots and shapes. "Me being on fire." I said as I sat next to him. "Was it fun?" He asked cheekily. "Yeah it was super fun you should have been there then we both could have died in a log cabin on fire." I said rather sarcastically.

He laughed and smiled and said. "Well I'm glad your back." God how I missed his laugh and smile. "I promise Hazel, I will never be a jerk again." He said proudly. "I don't know if you can keep that promise but I won't be as blind as I was." I sat on his lap leaning closer and whispering. "Because I love you." He smiled back and spoke. "Does this make you my girlfriend?"

"I don't know why don't you find out?" I said with a devilish smile on my face.He laid me down on the carpeted floor so he could be on top and whispered quietly so gnome couldn't hear. "Well I'll have to find out when this dilemma is solved." He kissed me as he finished his sentence.

"If you and Hazel aren't to busy there can you guys come and help me." Jack and I quickly got up and walked over to Gnome, faces red and flushed with embarrassment. Gnome chuckled as he said. "Anyhow, I've found three possible mortals that could have bitten these kids. I've already given them the medicine all they need now is a good nights rest and they will be good and healthy." We nodded and I glanced over at the kids. "The three possible monsters are.... 1. Gouche-the eerie and frightening half dog half wolf creature with the wings and eyes if an owl,often found in the woods. About 9ft tall."

"But wouldn't any other people notice the monster? Its 9 feet it can't hide that easily." Jack said.

"Okay how about this one. 2. The Gingerbread man. A scientific project reject-"

"No really?" Jack said sarcastically which made Gnome roll his eyes and me giggle.

"Anyway, I thought the children saw it and ate it because it tricks kids into thinking is a tasty looking cookie."

"It can't be, what about the bite marks then?" I said.

"Well then it has to be our last one. Called the gulgulger. Its a tiny reptile with patches of fur. Its about 30 cm tall and has about 330 razor sharp teeth."

"That seems right." He says leaning on his staff.

"Well we'll take this information to North after Christmas, I'm sure it will be helpful.These kids are now all healthy so I think its okay to leave."

Gnome said packing up his stuff.

"So do we just leave?" Jack asked.

"Pretty much yeah.But I heard North needed some extra help.Well good bye you two." Gnome jumped out the window when we looked at the ground outside he was nowhere to be seen.

"Do you wanna go and help out North?"I asked gathering up my bow and arrows. He came up from behind me hugging me. "Awwww do we have to?I wanna hang out with you." Jack said in a winey child-like voice. "So where do you wanna go?" I ask turing around still tightly wrapped in his arms. He tucked his head in my hair. "Anywhere, as long as I'm with you."