Cold Kisses and A Torn Heart

"Hmmmmm interesting we shall investigate later right now lets help Hazel clean up this place." North said in a confused voice.

"Okay,lets get into groups that way we can get things don't faster. North you and Sandy take care of the arrow room and Tooth you and Bunny in the nursery and me and Jack will clean the library."

North nodded in agreement and he and Sandy took off. Tooth asked Hazel about the doves and Bunny and Jack started to have a conversation.

Jack's POV

"Hey Bunny."

"What?!"

I could tell from the way Bunny replied in anger that he was jealous of me because I'll be alone in a room with his crush Cupid.

"Why are you so mad?" I ask innocently almost child like.

Tooth calls for Bunny to go down to the nursery.

"Just-just don't flirt with Hazel and you know what I mean."

"Sure Bunny sure." I pat him on the shoulder, luckily I was floating a little off the ground. He left with a death stare, I wasn't going to flirt with Cupid I was just messing around with Bunny. I was still floating I decided to pick up the book on my left. It had a leather cover and it said 'Cheyenne Gregory'. My fingers started to open the cover when something stopped me.

"DROP THE BOOK RIGHT NOW."

I let the book drop on the floor and put my hands in the air, just to be dramatic 😏. Cupid flew over in front of me and had her arms crossed over her chest and looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Ha ha very funny, now what do you think you were doing with that book?"

"Nothing much, I was just going to open it."

"Okay lets get one thing through you DO NOT open or read any of the book unless I tell you to,especially the Guardian ones!"

Guardian books, oooh those ones must be pretty interesting,especially North's...Sandy's....Tooth's and Bunny's-wait, I'm a Guardian...does that mean she has my book?!"

"Do you have a book for me?!"

"Like I've said million times before, EVERYONE'S book is here." She does a weird hand gesture when she said everyone, kinda made me smile.

"Wait so does that mean you know who I like?"

I blushed when I said that a I definitely regret saying it, but truth is I don't know if I like anyone. She facepalms and shakes my shoulders rabidly.

"YES now get it through you icy brain!"

"Okay okay okay I wont ask anymore obvious questions."

She smiles and replies.

"Good, now pick up those books and look at the year and place them by year and below the year should be a number so place them in exact order and start at the far left hand corner."

I look at several books and fly up to high shelves and place them one by one until I find a book with golden pages and a golden spine. I read the name. 'Jack Frost', so this is what Guardian books look like.

I quickly glance to see if Cupid is watching but she is to busy putting away books across on the other side. One small peak wouldn't hurt right? I mean it is MY book. I should be able to look in it. I stare at the cover for a while. I start to open to the golden pages when a voice startles me.

"Having fun reading there?" It's Cupid, dammit how is she able to always catch me redhanded.

"I uh was uh putting this b-book right in this shelf." I say stumbling over my own words.