Bitter Nights and Lazy Days

It was Smoky on the ground. I jumped out of bed and held Smoky in my arms and she was coughing and looked unwell and sick. Jack joined me on the floor not to long and Smoky starts speaking. "It's my end child." How could Smoky do this to me! She was the only person that stayed with me through think and thin. "NO ITS NOT! Your just a little sick that's all!" I say brushing off a tear, even though I know she isn't just sick,she's dying I try to stop my tears. Smoky replies with weak voice.

"Hazel...I'm too old now, I could give a whole speech but I don't have the time anymore because there isn't a word that can say a big enough thank you to for how much you have taken care of me through my years. But one thing before I leave."

Jack POV

I felt sorry for the old owl, she looked like a great friend to Hazel. I didn't wanna say anything to 'ruin the moment' so I kept quiet and listened.

"Anything Smoky you named it." She said brushing of another tear. "I need you two to promise me something."

I looked at Hazel for a quick glance and she gave me the same confused look.

"Jack promise me you will take care of my little girl like I did." She looked at me sickly and hopelessly.I let my mouth answer for me. "I promise." I don't even bother to look at Hazel.

"And Hazel please promise me that you will let yourself fall in love and not block it out as funny as it seems to hear that Cupid won't let herself fall in love with anyone." She says with a rocky voice followed by a cough.

It does seem funny that she won't fall in love with anyone, she could make any guy in the world love her and why is she backing away from it?Any would love her she is beautiful in everyday.I look at her and both me and Smoky wait for her answer.Although I can't see her face since her bangs are covering most of her face.

"Okay...but only for you." Hazel speaks shakily. "Good girl Hazel oh and I more thing look for the hidden tile for the past." With that Smoky had closed her eyes for eternity. Hazel sulked her head forward and cried silently holding Smoky close to her.I put my arm around her and held her close to me,just to comfort her.You know I'm actually starting to like Hazel,but the strange thing is when we kissed that feeling felt familiar even Hazel seems really familiar to me I don't know how that's even possible I've never met her before this.

Anyway back to Hazel, maybe to cheer her up I'll take her to visit Jamie.I look back and see Smoky being carried away by some white doves in a flower type bed.Hazel had stopped crying and stood up while speaking. "I'm going to go take a shower you can go downstairs and watch tv or eat or do whatever." She walked over to a huge cupboard and took out some clothes. "When will you be back?"

"I'll be back in a few minutes don't worry." I walk out of her room and light is pouring in through every window, she's got a nice place here. I wonder if she really is Canadian? I slumped down on the couch and look around for something to do.She said I could watch tv, I guess I'll do just that. I haven't used a tv alot but I know how it works. I start flipping through the channels until I hear a very familiar tune and singing. I look at the tv and turn it off and the voice is still there.It's coming from upstairs I fly up,now it's coming for a room.....but the problem is there are about 20 rooms up here.We'll better start from the first one.

Hazel POV

I step out of the shower wet so I dry myself of and stand infringement of the mirror.All I could think about the whole time was about Smoky,we had some pretty good times, but I guess it's just best if I move on. Although I wish Smoky good have stayed longer. I start putting on clothing, since today I'm in no mood to go anywhere I'll just wear my sweat pants and my yellow New York City shirt although it shows a bit of my stomach and my Chinese heart symbol tattoo...oh well whatever I don't mind. I quickly dry my hair and braid it down the side. I start walking to my room and then out my door and I start humming a tune I know. I start walking down the stairs when Jack comes in from behind me.