The Family...

ALEX POV...

“Oh Dad…. Alex is here”, mom yelled excitedly.

“Hi Mom!” I give her a hug and kiss  her on the cheek.  “Where’s Pete?” I asked jokingly.  We call Dad Pete shortcut for Peter.  Although Dad is a disciplinarian, he is very close to all of us and sometimes we can feel that aside from a father, we also have a very dear friend.  He believes that love and respect are the core values that should be founded at home.

“Your Dad is in the kitchen.  Go and greet him. He has something for you.”

“Ok Mom!” I headed to the kitchen and saw Dad busy grilling some beef. “Hey Pete! Your home!” I run towards my father and hug him tight.

“Hey Lexi! How’s my baby?” He hugged me too and I can feel him kissing the top of my head.  Lexi is Dad’s pet name for me.

“I’m fine Dad…just missing you. You’ve been out for quite sometime.  Are you staying home longer this time?” We are already used that Dad is always out of the country…his job is not easy and he should supervise everything.

“Yes baby…maybe I’m staying home for two months.  I think I need to unwind.  So I applied for a vacation”, Dad declared smiling.

“Really? You will stay here for two months?  Oh Dad…that’s cool!”

“Hey bring this to the dining table and call Cesar and Judge.  I will just finish the salad.”

“You know Dad, this is what I missed about you…you’re the best cook in the whole world”. 

“Shhhhh…lower your voice…Mamita will get angry when she hears you.  She won’t believe that I’m a better cook than her” Daddy laughed.  Mamita is Dad’s endearment for Mommy.  We know he loves her so much.

Cesar and Judge arrived.  By the way Judge is my other brother.  If Cesar is athletic and outgoing, Judge’s passion is on music and technologies.  You see… all of us have our own identities.  We ate dinner happily.  Not like other families, we keep this tradition of eating together every time Dad arrives from his work.  Happiness can be felt inside the house.  In between the happy chatters are the booming laughter of Dad , Cesar and Judge. Moments like this are the one which I value most.  No party can make me feel as happy and contented as being with my family.

“As what I have told you, I am on vacation for two months.  And since your vacation from school is also fast approaching, your mom and I are planning for a grand vacation for the whole family. 

“Yes!” Cesar shouted excitedly.

“When Dad?” asked Judge eagerly.

“Maybe after your finals.  What about a two-week vacation at Boracay?”

“Boracay???? You mean were going to Philippines?” I asked happily.  Boracay is one of the places I always dreamed of.  I saw its pictures on the internet and I’m very much captivated by its natural beauty.

“Yes Lex…were going to Boracay.”

“Daddy… you’re the best!” I hug him tight and kissed him.  

“By the way Dad, I have a game on Saturday…wanna come? I want you to watch me play”.

“Oh sure! Why not? We will watch your game..isn’t it Mamita?””

“Yes! But on one condition…you will win the game.” Mom dared Cesar.

“That’s not a problem Mom, I will show you how good I am.”

“I will go too brod, but can I bring Mimi with me?” asked Judge.  Mimi is his childhood sweetheart.  They’ve been together since kindergarten.

“ Of course…Mimi is already a part of the family”, answered Mom.

“How about you Lex, are you coming with us?”, its Dad whose asking me.  

I was not able to answer immediately.  I remembered Mara.  I asked her to come with me to the ballgame on Saturday.

“Lex, is there any problem? If you have other appointments, its just ok.”

“Actually none Mom, I will just have a client on the clinic on Saturday afternoon but definitely I will attend Cesar’s game.”

“Then very good! It will be a full force family game”, Dad declared happily.

“Wait Dad”. I cut in.  Can I bring a friend along?” All four pairs of eyes looked at me.  

“Your girlfriend Lex?” asked Mom.  

“Nope Mom! Not yet!” I answered blushing.

“Not yet…but your planning”, Judge teased me.

“Hmmmm…lets wait and see”, I answered with a weird smile on my face.

“Ok guys…it’s a date then…Saturday…bring your date and lets paint the town red”, Dad stated.

I will call Mara.  I will tell her that she will be meeting my family on Saturday.

_____________________________________

Not so exciting chapter but I did this to let you guys know what kind of family does Alex have.  Later on, you will see how they will react to Mara....Thanks for reading and keep voting and make comments.  :)))