Sleeping Angel...

Days passed by so slowly.  There are times when I just stare at my wall clock and count its every tick.  If I have the power to fast-track the time I will.  I want it to be Saturday soon.  I want to see Mara again. Gosh...I missed her.

I look at the design of the golden dragon on the piece of paper on my lap.  Soon this dragon will be inked on Mara’s skin...her smooth flawless skin.  I feel a sudden rush of jealousy...how I wish I could be this dragon coz I want to be with Mara wherever she goes.

I feel my phone vibrating inside my pocket.  My heart skips a beat when I saw the name of the caller. 

          “Hello sweetie...”

          “Hi Alex!...what are you doing there?”

           “Nothing so important hon.  Just checking on my designs.  I’m in the shop right now.”

          “Are you busy?”

“No…We have few clients but JZ is taking care of them. Why? Anything’s wrong?”  I heard her take a deep breath and pause for a few seconds. I can sense that she is uneasy.

“Mind if I visit you there?” 

“When? Now?” I asked. 

“Yes now.  I mean after twenty minutes.”

“Why where are you? I thought you have class today.  You did not attend school?” I am a little bit troubled with Mara’s actuations.  Her voice seemed upset.  She  told me that she is already in college like me taking up Advertising. I won’t deny that  I’m excited to see her but I don’t want her skipping classes because of me.

“No…I don’t have class today.  Our teachers have conference in school.  I’m home,” she answered.

“Then wait for me there.  I will be the one who will go there.  If you want to talk, then we will talk in your place.  I might as well meet your Mom.”  I knew from Mara that her parents divorced three years ago and she’s staying with her Mom in a small apartment not far from our place. Her father has a new family already.

 “Really? Sure!!!”

           “Ok...see you in twenty minutes sweetie.”

             I immediately shutdown my computer and clean my workplace.  Believe me…I’m a person who hates the mess and garbage.  I maybe wild in my thoughts and my lifestyle but you can’t see my room being messy.  I see to it that everything is always in order and clean.  I gather my things and put it inside my backpack.  I can’t stop myself from smiling…in twenty minutes I will be seeing Mara again.  I still look like an idiot when JZ approached me.

“ Buddy…do you know the meaning of a smile?” JZ asked me.  I know he wants to tell me something so I just look at him with arched eyebrows as if asking “What?”

“A smile… a smile…I can still remember a beautiful quote I read before about a smile,” he continued.  “It says…When you have a rainbow deep down in your heart, your smile will shine bright.  You know you’re a part of a colorful, magical feeling you’ll find when you have rainbow inside.”

I stared at JZ with amazed eyes. We’ve been friends for several years now but this is the first time I hear him talking like this.

“Budz…are you sick? Do you have fever?” 

“No buddy…I’m not.  You think I’m acting weird coz I’m talking like this?”

“Yeah…coz I haven’t seen or heard you talking about rainbows and colors and magics… except when you’re drawing your designs.  But now….”