Lies....

Hey guys! sorry for the long wait. I've been really very busy these past days and even on the coming weeks.  But your positive comments and feedbacks plus the fans and the votes i received really inspires me to write.

Okay, so much for the drama lol....this chapter will be the POV of Mara.  I've been thinking of this few weeks ago but i dont know how would i make the twist.  I know a conflict always makes up the story.  So here it is...the lies of Mara....read.....and please comment!  Love you to the bone :-) Boss

MARA’S POV

Never did it occur to me that I could feel this feeling so strong for Alex.  This is not included in my plans.  I promised myself not to be affected…not to be emotionally attached…much more, not to fall inlove.  But the first time I saw her alighting from her car that fateful day, I felt something different in the beating of my heart. 

Her carefree movements as she walked from her car towards the tattoo clinic makes me want to run after her.  She exudes a different kind of personality that I didn’t saw on men.  Her black short hair highlighted with some streaks of blond attracts my attention.  She didn’t use any make-up but her face looks so fresh and clean.  A surge of curiosity mixed with excitement overwhelmed me.  So this is Alexandra Burchard…the apple of the eye of the wealthy Burchard family.

The time has come for me to meet her.  I planned this for so long, and I can’t afford to make mistakes.  I made my promise to Elijah…to my dear Elijah.  His future lies on my hand and a simple mistake can ruin everything.

I can still remember the night when I and Krishna argued over my decision to intervene on their problem. 

“You don’t have the right to intervene,” Krishna shouted at me in between sobs.  She’s been crying for I don’t know how long.  

“How can you say I don’t have the right? Am I not the one you’re calling every time Elijah is sick? Am I not the one who rushed to the hospital on my pajama just to help you? How dare you talk to me like that!” I shouted back.  We were both on the  verge of breaking down after the doctor gave the latest medical bulletin of Elijah.

“This is our problem…I don’t want you to be involve”

“Am I not part of the family? Why you don’t want me to be involved? Whether you like it or not…I’m already here. And if you think you can solve all your damn problems by just crying, you are wrong.  Elijah needs medication…we need money to support him.  If you really love your son…stand up and fight for his right!”

I left the hospital exhausted both physically and mentally.  But before I left, I dropped by the room of Elijah to check how he is doing.  His fragile and limp form lay on the bed with several apparatus attached to it.

 I can’t stop myself from crying…I hate to see him suffering like this. I can feel my heart is being torn into two.  I love him so much.  I’m always asking why he has to suffer this kind of disease on his very tender age. 

 I need to help them, even if it means I have to suffer the consequences of my actions. I think of a plan…the only way I know that I can help Elijah… and Alexandra Buchard is the only key.

Today…as I lay here in the arms of this woman, a feeling of contentment contradicted by sadness overwhelmed me.  How I wish I meet her in another time…in a different situation. She is so different from what I think she was…she is very sweet, very caring and treats me like a princess.  And I know that she is very close to her family especially to her brothers.  How would she react if she will discover that….

I nearly jumped when I heard my phone ringing.  I forgot to put it  off or put it on a silent mode. I slowly detangled myself from the arms and legs that possessively imprisoned me then slowly crawl off the bed.  I reached for my bag and took my phone from it.

It’s Krishna who is calling.  I looked back at Alex who stirred a little, hugged the pillow beside her and continue her sleep.  I ran to the bathroom and answered the call.

“Hello Krishna…why did you call?”

“Mara…its Elijah,” Krishna answered crying.  My heart beat very fast…deep inside me, I know there is something wrong but I want confirmation.

“Why? What happened to Elijah?”

She did not answer my question but I hear her sobbing on the other line.  My heart breaks for Krishna.  How I wish I could be with her right now…to comfort her in this trying times.

“Kris…please answer me.  Stop crying…be strong…Eli needs you.”

“Mara…the doctor just told me that Eli needs another blood transfusion. And we should find the donor as soon as possible or else…”

I felt my whole body go numb…but my hands are trembling while holding the phone.  I did not notice that I’m already crying.  Poor Elijah…he is so young to suffer this much. He should be busy playing just like other kids his age if he is just normal.  But no…he is not normal.  The doctor diagnosed him with acute lymphoblastic leukemia when he is just two years old.  From then on…his life changed…our life changed as well.

“Mara, what will I do?  There is no available donor that match Elijah’s bone marrow.  And I’m scared it would be too late. I love my baby…you know that!” 

“Shhh….calm down Kris…everything will be fine.  Just pray and don’t lose hope.  Eli will survive.  He is a strong kid and I know he is fighting his battle too.  So don’t show him you are weak.  He needs your strength and love much more right now.”

I don’t know how I stayed calm and composed while I’m talking to Krishna on the phone.  All I want to show her is that I am always with her…with Elijah no matter what.

“Kris…I’ll call Mom...I’ll ask her to take care of Eli there.  You go home and take some rest.  I’ll drop by the hospital tonight.”

“Thank’s Mara…”

“We’re family…and we should stay united amidst this chaos in life we are facing.  I love you Kris…stay strong!”

Just as I put off the phone…my tears flows like river.  I am so worried for Elijah as well as I pity Krishna. What should I do? 

I put my phone on the towel rack and go under the shower.  I opened it fully and I shivered under the cold blast of water.  How I wish the water can wash away all my problems. I let my tears flows with the water that slowly ease my pain away.

I heard the door of the bathroom opened but I didn’t care.  I closed my eyes and savor the healing power of water cascading on my naked body.

Just then, I felt a warm body hugged me from behind. There is no need to look back, her warmth, her smell, her skin even the contour of her body as it touches mine, she is so familiar.

She started kissing my back while her hands find their ways to my breast.  The cold water was forgotten when my body started to ignite in the hand of the woman whom I’m planning to use to accomplish my plans.