My Tattooed Heart

CHAPTER 1

            “Hey babe…want to come to my party tonight?” asked Pam as she hugged me from the back.

             “Not sure Pam, got lots of works tonight.  Besides, Dad’s coming home and you know the family’s tradition”, I answered as I continued looking for my book inside my locker.

             “You sure? Or this is just your way to run away from me?” she gently asked as she gave me soft kisses at the back of my ear.  I can feel my nipple starts to erect…Pam really knows one of my weakness.  But how can’t she, we been dating on and off for two years now.  But never did I call her girlfriend.

             “Of course not baby…how can I do that to you?” I asked in return as I stopped her hand in entering my shirt.  I gently pushed her away and face her squarely.  “Pam, were in the public”.  “So what! We’re not doing anything wrong”, she pouted. I give her a kiss on the lips to appease her but she pulled me and the simple kiss turned out to be a French kiss.

             “That’s my girl”, she declared after the breath-taking kiss. “You still take my breath away baby.”  I just smiled.   

           Pam is my first close friend since I transferred in this university.  I bumped at her while I’m running along the corridor on the first day of our school two years ago.  She’s a head-turner with her long, chestnut brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. I can still remember how she eyed me from head to toe while I’m picking up her books.  As if, she’s measuring if I passed her standard. She later smiled and offered me her hand.  From then on, she becomes my constant companion.  But the strong sexual attraction between us cannot be denied.  Our relationship is so platonic, no strings attached. 

             “What’s the occasion that you’re having a party again?” “Hmmm...nothing in particular.  I’m just bored and I wanna have fun”  “Bored?, why? What’s the latest with that boy you have in tow the other day?”, I asked jokingly.

             “Who? Derek?... well, he bored me fast.  I don’t find him so entertaining”, she answered and gave me a wink.  I smiled and gave her a slap on the butt.  “You’re really a tease Pam!” She just laugh. 

             “So? Are you coming tonight or not?” “I will try but I can’t promise you.  As I said, Dad’s coming home and we will have the traditional dinner tonight. As usual…check attendance.” I laughed too.

             “Ok then…but if you can…the party’s going to start at 8pm.  There’ll be lots of food and drinks.  Just bring extra…panty.  You might need to change them”, she laughed.  She gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left.

             I and Pam have common denominators.  We both value our independence, we always wanted to be free.  Both of us wanted to enjoy life.  I don’t deny that I’m a lesbian, and she knows that from the very start.  I don’t question her preferences too.  She’s into boys but she loves girls too.  And that makes our friendship special.

            I took my bodybag and slid it over my head and hurry towards the parking lot.  I need to drop by the shop before going home.  Dad will be home at 6pm.  Its only 3pm, I still have ample time to do some work at the shop.  I opened the door of my sleek red BMW E-60.  Dad gave this to me on my 20th birthday two months ago.  My father is a very good provider, and even though I’m considered the black sheep of the family, he sees to it that all my needs and even my wants are properly provided.  And why not?  My father, Peter Burchard is a half German and half American who is currently the president of one of the biggest oil exploration company in America.  With his big earnings, he decided to stop Mom from work and just stay at home and take care of us three children.  Anyway, Mom is a homebody and stopping from work is not a big issue for her as long as everything will be provided.

             I turn on the engine of my car and drive to my shop.  It’s not an ordinary shop, it’s a tattoo parlor.   I’m a tattoo artist by heart.  I feel in love with the art of tattoo when I’m only 14 years old. My brother Cesar who is very fond of basketball has his first tattoo in one of the famous shop here in LA.  I tagged along and watched how it was done.  I was overwhelmed how they do that body art.  Cesar had a white tiger printed on his right upper arm.  From then on, I tried to learn every technique on how to do this.  I even skipped classes just to undergo on the job training from JZ, my tattoo artist friend.

 When Mom discovered my new hobby, she was fuming mad.  She wanted me to become a doctor but my heart refused to follow that.   She even asked Dad to talk to me and persuade me to stop, but I explained to them that this is what I want…this is what I love.  I also explained to them that if they will force me to take medicine, I will just end up nowhere and just be wasting their money.  Later on, they understood me and slowly accepted what I really wanted with my life.  

             I parked my car just right in front of “Body Art”… my shop.  My mom helped me find this place.  She even helped me in creating the interior design that suits my style but will give comfort to my clients.  I took my bag and entered the slightly open door of the shop.  Just as I stepped-in, I feel I transferred to another world. The life-size picture of a half-naked American Indian woman greeted me.  It’s the first thing that will catch everybody’s attention every time they enter my shop.  It’s a gift from my Dad in my 18th birthday.  I used to put it on my room but with the opening of my new love, I decided to place her here. 

            “Hi! You’re early”, JZ greeted.  Before I decided to open this place, I asked first if JZ would work for me.  Thanks God he readily agreed.  He is a very good friend and a dear mentor. 

             “Yeah! I don’t have a class on my last subject so I decided to come over here.  I need to update our designs.  So what’s up?, I asked as I put down my bag on the top of the table.

             “ Nothing too big that I can’t handle”, he answered with a smile.  "Got three kids this morning, just small designs…then a beautiful lady inquired about a dragon design this afternoon” he finished with a smirk. 

             “Ok…but what is that foolish grin all about? I asked.  I am already used to JZ’s jokes.  He is fond of making fun out of me.  He also knows that I am gay.

             “Nothing!...but how I wish that when that lady returns, you will be here.”  “And can you tell me why?”  I am becoming curious about this “Lady”.  JZ seldom calls a girl a lady, oftentimes he calls them woman, but not lady. 

             “It’s for you to find out!  But one thing I’m sure Buddy, she is your type” he laughed.  I just shrugged and go to my computer.  I need to update the designs…clients always looks for something new.  Just as I turned on the computer, I heard the main door open. I turned to look who entered just to be astonished….

_____________________________

This is my first english story....so sorry for the errors......