Revelations...

MARA’S POV…

The whole game ended so fast…but everything is a blur to me.  Amidst the ear-busting yelling and cheering of the fans from both teams, my mind is far away…inside a room where our precious Elijah is lying.  

I just realized that the team of Cesar won the game when Alex hugged and kissed me after the buzzer sounded the end of the game.  Different colors of graffiti fall like rain from the top of the stadium to celebrate the victory of the Blue Dragon.  Mr and Mrs. Burchard hugged and kissed each other…their faces full of pride for the accomplishment of their eldest son.  Maybe…if Krishna and Elijah were here,  they must be very proud of him too.  But they are not here…and Cesar don’t even care about them.  

Minutes later, Cesar approached us and give his Dad a bear hug.

“I’m so proud of you son! You did a great job tonight!” 

“Thanks Dad…I know that you are watching so I have to do my best.  I can’t let my mentor be disappointed,” Cesar exclaimed laughing.

“You really have gone so far on your play son…your lay-ups were perfect and your dunk-shots…they were unstoppable.  I can’t remember teaching you all those things.”

“Dad…practice makes it perfect…but remember you are the one who taught me how to shoot and dribble the ball when I’m just three years old.”

“Your Dad is already teaching you how to play basketball when you can’t even barely able to walk,” Mrs Burchard interjected.

“Mamita…its his passion…and now you see how he is playing…you can’t even stop from yelling eh.”  Mrs. Burchard blushed and just smile.  

“Just don’t go home with an injury…I hate to see you in crutches and in bandage.”

Cesar laughed and hugged his mother.

“So where are we going to celebrate Brod?” Judge asked while clasping the hand of Mimi.  I have observed that during the whole duration of the game, the couple was really enjoying each other’s company. Their hands were sweetly entwined with each other.

“Where do you want? My treat…,” Cesar declared gamely.  Just give me 20 minutes to have a shower and change my clothes.”

“Ok…we will meet you at the parking lot,” Mr.Burchard announced.

“Ok…see you then… think of some place where we can eat dinner…I’m starving.” Cesar answered and then run towards their locker room.

We all proceeded to the exit of the stadium and wait for Cesar to come at the parking area.

“Sweetie…did you enjoy the game?” Alex asked me. She was hugging me from behind…her warm breath fanning the sensitive portion of my nape.

“Of course I did,” I answered lying to her.  I’m thankful that she was standing at my back and not looking at me straight in the eyes.  I know I’m not a good actress and I can’t hide my emotions very well.

“Are you sure? I have observed that you seemed so bothered the whole game.  Is there any problem hon?”

“No of course none... I just feel a little dizzy because of so much noise.  To be honest, I’m not really used to that.”

“But you told me you like basketball.  I should have not brought you here if I knew that you’re not comfortable here,” Alex stated in a worried voice.

“I love basketball hon and I enjoyed the game…so much more your company as well as your family.  So stop worrying will you?”

“Are you still feeling dizzy right now?” Alex asked still worried.  She even checked my neck and my forehead as if I’m a little child with fever.  Mrs. Burchard saw this and she approached us immediately.