Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Kendall and I walked into the room to find my mother fast asleep and Dr.kults - the doctor I talked to earlier about her condition; writing something down on his clipboard .

                                        " hey Dr.kults " I spoke getting his attention. He seemed a bit frighten at the sound of my voice, I probably should have not sneaked up on him.

                                       " how is she? " i questioned for the hundredth time today.

                                   " Mr. smith " he greeted as he glanced up from the clipboard. His voice was filled with annoyance " your mother is doing alright, she's just taking a rest. Her body is weak " he said as he continued to write on his clipboard. He sighed. " I know your really concerned, but I promised you Mr. smith your mother will be alright " he smiled then walked out of the room.

                                         " Thanks " I screamed out at him behind the closed door. I really needed to hear those words.

                                          " See jay, she's going to be ok " Kendall smiled kissing my check.

                                         " thanks for being here and supporting me " I said holding her hands. " I needed you right now and your here " I kissed her hand.

                                          " Jaden I'd do anything for you "  She smiled.

                                          " I really appreciate you " I said.

                                          " Jaden? " A soft tender voice called, it was my mother. She sounded and look as if she had about 5% of energy in her body.

I quickly turned around to her and ran to her bed side then held her hand

                                            " Yes mom it's me " I spoke as I looked in her face, her eyes were barley opened. " How are you feeling? " I asked.

                                             " never better " she said as she forced a smile on her face. 

I had to smile, she was trying to make this situation as light as possible.

                                               " mom, I think you need some more rest. " I advised her. " So i'm just going to let you go sleep. Ok? I questioned.

She just nodded her head and shut her eyes. 

I really hated seeing my mother in this state. She looked so fragile and delicate, I just wished she wasn't so stubborn. There was always apart of me that hated her job, but she loved animals and working with them.

I silently prayed as i thought about losing her. One of my parent was already out of my life, I didn't need to other one gone too. I seriously didn't know what I was going to do if my mom left me, she was all i had.

I pushed the negative thoughts out of my head and thought positive. My mom is going to make a quick recovery because she's a fighter and I know she'll fight through this. I smiled at her then kissed her hand.