Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I descended down the spiral stairs, taking my time to walk down each step. I wasnt in a hurry to be sit at that table with my parents.

I could smell the scent of turkey from the time i left my room. It smelt really good, it couldnt wait to dig in. I havent eaten all day, just so i can stuff my mouth and not be able to think about them. 

I took baby steps once i was off the starway. I know my parents were already down, becasue of the click - clacking i hear. They are tying of course. 

I stepped into the dinning room and made no eye contact with any one of my parents. I quickly took my seat. Then cooks that my parents paid to make our Thanksgiving meal served our food.

They placed mash potatos, corn, stuffing, rice, Turkey, Ham, String beans,potato salad, andTomato Salad. There was more but they were going more towards the ends of the table.

The chiefs prepared my plate. They placed mash potatoes & gravy, ham, turkey, a roll of bread, Stuffing, and corn. That was all that could have fit, I guess we could get second if we wanted.

My dad prayed for the food then i digged in. I began stuffing my face with everything on my plate, I knew it was unlady like but who cares, it wasnt like anyone was watching my parents were both too tied up into their phones - or so i taught. 

                                                                    " So " my mother stated .

My head quickly snapped upi didnt expext her to be talking. She cringed a ligght at how i look with a piece of bread handing out my mouth.

                                                                        " How's school? " She asked ttalking a sip of her red wine. I looked at her than at my dad. They were both just looking at me waiting for my answer.

Was i in a parallel universe where my parents actually care? I quickly swallowed the food that was in my mouth and took the shock look of my face.

                                                                     " Um, " I swallowed. " It's good " I spoke putting a fork full of mash potato in my mouth,

                                                                             " That's good " she smiled takining a bite of her ham. 

I just shook my head. 

                                                                             " How's the dance competion coming along? " My dad asked.

How did he know about that? 

                                                                               " Diana told me, but i would of sure like to hear it from my own dad " he chuckled and my mom joined in.

What the hell was going on? My parents talking to me and their laughing. Why are they so happy? Am really scared right now.

                                                                          " sorry" I creaked a small smile. " It's going great am in the finals, with my partner " I told them.

                                                                             " Wow, honey thats amazing! " My mother cheered. 

I smiled, I dont care what is happening - i just hope it doesnt change.

                                                                               "  Congratulation .Whens the finals? " my dad questioned me.