Chapter 14

Chapter 14

 Jaden

I stood in the front of the big brown doors dressed to impress. It was thanksgiving after all and I was meeting her parents. I was little nervous, I mean after all she had told me about them - who wouldn't be? But parents usually like me I think. 

I adjusted my tan pants that were a little too long so i cuffed the legs alittle. I straightened out my short sleeve navy blue button up shirt. I rocked nervously in the black vans that I wore on my feet. My palms were getting really sweaty which made it harder for me too hold the flowers my mother sent me over here with.

They were purple, I think they were lavenders.

I should be spending Thanksgiving with my own family but my family - never mind.

I knocked on the door hard enough for somebody to hear me. I wiped the little beads of sweat off of my forehead

The door finally opened and I came face to face with my girl friend Kendal.

Kendall wore a white dress that stopped on her thigh. She wore some pink sandals that matched her lip gloss and makeup. She wore her brown hair curled to the side.

She looked beautiful. 

Yes I had to cancel on Hope. Why should I try to be with here if she doesn't want me? I should just try to make my current relationship work - ya know?

But I wish Hope good luck with her parents.

I returned the smile walking into into her doorway and giving her a big hug. The flowers got all up in her mouth and we just laughed it off.

                                        "  Well I guess I have to give these to you now that your saliva is all over it. " I joked holding it out for her.

She gave me a small laugh taking the flowers out my hands.

                                                      " Thanks " she responded. 

She grabbed my hand and took me too the kitchen. I could hear alot of talking and laughing going on- I guess everybody was here.

The kitchen was big, and nice. It had a very high ceiling. The walls were painted a off white color. The island in the middle of the kitchen had so much food on it you could hardly see the brown counter top. 

The brown wooded floors made a creak with every step Kendall and I took. It was really annoying, but i guess she was already use to it.

                                                         " So everybody's here? "  I asked alittle nervous, She sensed it. 

                                             " Don't worry Jaden they'll love you " She spoke as she placed the flowers in some water and rested it by the window above the sink.

She walked over to me giving me a peck on the cheek before she pulled me into their dinning room. They had a long ten seater dinning room table in the middle of the room. Their were decorations everywhere, whoever did it did a good job.