Chapter 33

Draco was more than happy to hear the the love of his life was pregnant with his child. His child, he was going to be a father. Once he heard, he promised himself he wouldn't be like his father.

"How do you know?" He asked, his smile still there.

"My body is different than others, you know that. The magic is building more than it normally does." He nodded his head.

"So, does it grow faster than a normal child?" Elara shook her head.

"I do not know, and I have no way to ask my father." He nodded his head, smiling and laying his hand on her stomach.

"He would probably kill me anyways." Draco joked, lightly laughing. Elara smiled and rolled her eyes at the love of her life.

"How long can you stay?" She asked hopefully.

"Not much longer, but now I feel I can do this." Elara looked at Draco confused. Then he grabbed her hand and she felt a cold metal slip on her finger.

Elara's eyes widened. "Now that your carrying the Malfoy heir, you need the name to go with it."

She smiled big, her not slightly open. She was at a lost of words. He had proposed to her, in his own little way. She was over excited. She couldn't believe it. She cupped his face in her hands and pulled his lips to hers.He gladly kissed her back, wrapping his his arms around her.

"I take that as a yes?" He smirked and he nodded her face.

"Yes, it is a yes!" He smiled and pulled her close, holding her in his arms. "Please stay, they won't be able to find you here." He begged, taking a step back, holding on his his forearm.

"My mum, she'll be worried." He said, but he didn't want to leave. He really didn't.

"She'll understand. I know she will. They watched you as I was killed. They saw it was killing you. They probably thought you ran away. Please, Draco, love. Stay, just until it's time to return to school."

"Are you really returning, they say it's going to be bad." She nodded her head.

"I can't run now. I need to be strong for my grandfather. My father has to know I'm safe." Draco slowly nodded his head. "So, will you stay. Just for a while."

Draco smiled and nodded his head. Elara smiled and hide her face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top is her head.

"I'll stay as long as you need me." He whispered and she smiled.

Turning her head and listening to his steady heart beat. Something she could never have. She closed her eyes and was slowly getting lost in her own mind.

"I'll always need you." She seemed to whispered without knowing.

Draco smiled as she heard the farness in her voice. She was in a deep thought, that he knew not even he could break.

"I'll always be here." He said, but he knew she didn't hear him.

×××

Later that very night, Elara stood staring at the picture of her mother. She knew it was hers, the cloth still laid covering in. She wanted nothing more than to pull the sheet off and hand the picture with the others.

But she couldn't bring herself to do it. She didn't understand why. She could talk to her and get answers to all the questions she had.

She heard foot steps and she paused. Draco rounded the corner and he smiled sweetly at her.

"There you are, love. I've been looking for you." She smiled at him, looking at her with all the love she had.

"I was just wondering around the estate." She smiled turning to look at the panting.

"What is that?" He asked, wrapping his arm around his loves waist.

"It's my mother's painting." She turned to look at him. "I want to see her, I want to talk to her. But, I'm scared."

"I'm right here for you, it's okay. I know how much you miss you. You shouldn't let this stop you."

Elara looked at him, then the portrait hesitantly. "Together?" She said looking into his pale eyes.

"Always." He said as they both grabbed an end of the cloth.

"One." She began.

"Two." He followed.

"Three." They said in sync as they pulled the cloth away.

There in the painting sat a beautiful woman with the same eyes as Elara. Her hair was a vibrant shade of white, that you could only compare to snow. Her skin was pale, and her lips were cherry red. Some would mistake it for Elara herself, if the woman's hair hadn't been the wintery color it was.

"You look just like her." Draco said slowly, his eyes widening at the portrait before him.

"Dad always says that. Except for the hair, I inherited his hair color. But everything else is her." Elara said gazing at the sleeping portrait.

"What am I supposed to say when she wakes up?" Elara said her eyes turning to Draco's.

"You'll know when the time comes, love." Draco said, looking at his lover.

"Draco, I think I'll be fine if you return home now. You're Mother is bound to be worried and I-I am going to need some time alone with mine." She said hesitantly.

"If you need me, I'll be back here within the second. I love you Elara." He said hugging his lover from the behind.

"I love you too Draco." She said, and then he was gone.

Elara looked down at her small stomach, "Mama loves you. Dada loves you. You are going to be so loved when this is over."