Chapter 13

Elara walked into her least favorite class, Umbrige's eyes never left her. Elara looked down and felt the ring under her robe. She smiled before looking up and sat down at her desk.

'They can't break me.' She thought I'm her head.

Draco looked over at Elara, a small thing of worry glowed in his grey eyes.

He didn't want to leave her at the end of the week. We wanted to spend more time with her. After four years of treating her like he did. He wants to make up for it. He wanted to nothing more than spend every moment with her. He sighed and looked down at desk.

"So Malfoy, have a Date to the end year ball?" Ron called from his and Harry's desk.

Umbrige had left to room with a Harry and Hermione, only if they knew she wouldn't be coming back.

"Why do you care?" Draco smirked.

×××

Elara smiled looking down, working on her homework. Ginny looked over at her.

"What's with the smile, you're doing homework." Ginny asked in a whisper.

"What smile?" Elara looked up in confusion.

"Did someone ask you to the ball?" Ginny asked with smile.

"No, but I had wished to be asked. But I'm thinking about going by myself. You know it's a masquerade ball, no one knows who's who." She smiled.

"Who are you hoping to face with."

"Someone special."

×××

Elara was in the library, looking through various books on her kind. "Love, trust me, you've read all of these at least ten times each." The familiar voice whispered into her ear, while wrapping his arms around her waist.

"You're probably right." She said with a sigh. "I just feel like there's more to know."

"And there may be, but you have to be the one to discover that." He said encouragingly.

"Drake," She said using the nickname only she could call him. "You remember how you said that I could be like my mom and learn to love?" She asked.

Draco felt his heartbeat speed up. Was she going to tell him that she loved him? "Yes." He stated, remembering the day perfectly.

"I learned in this book," She said pointing at one of the books, "that a heartless can love someone out of there family-" Draco cut her off.

"That's great love!" He said happily.

Elara chuckled. "Let me finish. They can love someone out of their family, but they can only fall in love as such, once." She said. "So technically you were right." She admitted.

"I always am." He mused, receiving a playful slap from Elara.

"I should probably head back to the common room." Elara said, wrapping her arms around Draco.

He playfully pouted at her. "Fine, but you have to answer a question first."

"And that may be?"

"Go to the end of the year masquerade ball with me?" He said smiling.

"Always." She said while giggling.

×××

Most of the girls walked to go get on the

train to by their dresses for the dance. Elara looked around for a few hours before she found the perfect dress.

Draco was the first thought that came to her mind

Draco was the first thought that came to her mind. She transported her dress back to her room with a spell she had at the top of her head.

"Did you find a dress yet?" Ginny asked running up to her best friend. She had a hug smile on her face.

"Yes, it's perfect." Elara smiled big.

"Where is it?" Ginny looked around.

"Flashed it back to the room, I want it to be a surprise." Ginny frowned.

"Meanie." Elara smiled.

"I got to find me a mask, see you latter." Ginny smiled as her friend walked off.

Elara walked through shop past shop. It look her a long time, a few hours till she found a mask that she loved perfectly to go with her dress.

It was an old fashioned style

It was an old fashioned style. She loved it. No one was going to know it was her. She smiled and put it in her bag, after paying for it if course. She walked back to the school, alone. But it gave it her time to think. Most people were out shopping, so she hoped she would get to spend time with Draco.

She walked through the halls, they were empty compared to most days. But what shocked her the most was she hadn't seen Umbrige almost all day. She walked up the stairs to the tower and was met with the back of her person she knew she was in love with.

She wanted to tell him, she wanted to tell him so bad. And she was planning on telling him at the ball. She had everything planed. She smiled and walked up to the blonde.

She smiled and walked up and wrapped her arms around his waist. His hands rested over hers.

"Hello love." Draco looked down at her.

"Hello." She smiled and walked around so she was standing in front of him. "I got my mask today."

"What does it look like? So I know where to find my favorite girl." She smiled and pulled the mask out of her bag.

"What do you think?" She asked and he kissed the top of her head.

"I think you're going to look beautiful in it. Now, you can't hide from me." She smiled up at him.

"Why would I ever want to hide from you?" She lightly smiled at him and he moved a piece of hair behind her ear and rested his hand on her check.

"Please never hide from me." He stared into her eyes.

"Never."

"Promise me something." He leaned closer to her.

"Anything." She almost whispered.

"Never leave me." He whispered and he started to lean in. She closed her eyes as their lips connected.

"Never." She said onto his lips.