Chapter 26

The next day, Elara didn't see Draco. She did worry, but Ginny didn't give her much time to. For Ginny knew why he wasn't there. She was keeping her best friends mind from thinking. They went to the library. Ginny made her walk around the castle. By the time it was for lunch, Elara was ready to be alone.

×××××××××

Sitting in her father's classroom, she only somewhat listened to him talk. He sighed when he saw she wasn't listening and looked at her with worry. 

"Sweetheart, is this about Draco?" She left her heart stop.

"What about Draco?" Her voice was shaky.

"He was attack last night."

"By who?" Her voice growled cutting him off. 

She knew he was being distance lately. Wondering about the castle at night. She would see him alone, but could tell he wanted to be.

×××××××××××

"Maybe I did hex that Bell girl, maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco hissed at Snape as they walk down the hall.

Even though he was dating his daughter, he didn't feel like he was in a very people person mood. 

Snape stopped and pushed him up to a near by wall, angered on how he was acting.

"I swore to protect you. I made the unbreakable vow." Severus whispered angrly to the boy. Who he wished wasn't founded by his daughter at the moment.

"I don't need protection." Draco hissed back. "I was chosen for this. Out of all others me, and I won't fail him."

"You're afraid Draco. You attempted to conceal it, but it'd oveuse. Let me help you."

"No! I was chosen, this is my MOMENT. I can't bring any other harm to Elara then there already is." Severus took a step back away from the boy. "I have a feeling that he knows, I must keep him happy. I can't let her get hurt." 

××××××××××××××

  "What happens if you break an unbreakable vow?" Harry looked at Ron.

"You die."

××××××××××××××××

  Elara sat by herself in her room. She sat in the middle of her bed with her legs pulled up to her chest.

She felt a pull I'm her chest. Like a strike from the inside of her chest. When she felt it again, she flinched in pain. Gasping at it had gotten worse than the last time. She let her legs drop as she fell onto the floor. She closed her eyes tight, trying to keep her cries silent. She didn't want anyone working about her more than she knew that they already were. She curled herself up in a ball, hoping the pain would pass and go away.

Then it was gone, nothing at all. Bit she did feel... different. As if all the color had drained from her body. Sue pulled on the end of the bed to help her stand up. She heard small laughing followed by footsteps.

Just as Elara was sitting on the edge of the bed, Ginny walked into the room. Her smile got bigger when she saw her best friend, but then it turned into a frown.

"Oh my, Elara. What did you do to your hair?" Elara looked at her in shock as she got up and quickly looked at herself in the mirror.

  "Oh my." She gasped.

Her once long dark beautiful had lost all its color. The black shinny hair she had loved, it had turned into a bright white. She ran back over to her bedside table and grabbed her wand. Using a spell, the black had returned to her hair. But you could tell it was different.  She looked at Genny, worry and sadness in her eyes.

"You can't tell anyone, please." Elara begged, Genny nodded her head.

"I won't, I promise. But what is happening to you?" She asked worried.

"I dont know, Genny. I really don't, but I wish I did." She sat down on the edge of her bed.

"I can help you if you need it." Elara nodded her head.

"I know." Genny lightly smiled.

"Draco was looking for you." Genny smiled, changing the subject. Elara smiled, standing up.

"Thanks, I know where he'll be." Genny smiled at her friend as she walked off.

  Genny was worried, she remembered what they talked about at Christmas. She knew that Draco was chosen for something, but she didn't know what. She was scared that it had something to do with Elara. Harry had told her about how she brought her up, but what they didn't understand is why Snape would care.

××××××××××××

It was Christmas, Elara tried to be happy. She acted happy, but she couldn't be happy. She was scared. She didn't know what could happen. Her grandfather went to "travel", and she couldn't spend time with her father because of him being back. She never really liked Christmas, she never could. She liked that she got to spend it with the few loved ones she had left. But it looks like she would be spending this Christmas alone, just like she did last year. But last year, she learned how to control her powers. This year, she had to go back to wearing her mother's necklace to keep them under control. She was slowly lossing her grip on reality. The nightmares got worse and more about her mum durning the holidays. One the first day students were allowed back, Draco had returned. They met at midnight in the tower. She felt safe that he was back, and he was happy she was still safe.