Chapter 10

Elara gave Draco one last kiss before forcing herself to walk away from him. It's like her body ached for him. She felt safe with him. With her life on the line, especially since Belitrix was lose. She could be killed any moment.

She wanted nothing more to be with him. She wanted to be able to be with him during Christmas break. But she knew, that she wouldn't be able to. She let out a sigh as she finished packing her small bag, a tear streamed down her face. She stood alone in the room, it slowly formed her living room all those Christmas's ago. She bit her lip as she watched her mother scream in pain.

"So do you have any Christmas plans yet?" Ginny's voice broke her tears and she wiped them away before she saw.

"Yes, I'll be spending it with a very close family friend. They watched over me a lot when I was younger." Ginny nodded her head.

"I wish you could join us." She sadly smiled.

"Maybe next year." Ginny nodded her head before giving Elara a hug.

"I'll see you after break."

Like always, Elara was one of the last to leave next to the professor's. She was walking down the hall to go to her father's classroom when she felt a pair of warm hands grab her. She dropped her bag as she was pulled into the shadows. She was about to let out a scream when a pair of lips were crashed into hers. She knew who exactly who they belonged to. Draco.

"You gave me a heart attack, don't do that Draco." She lightly hit his chest when they pulled away for air.

"Saw a perfect opportunity to give you a small Christmas surprise." He smirked and she rolled her eyes at him.

"I thought you'd be gone by now."

"I had to see you one last time before I left" He said with a smile, an actual smile not a smirk.

"How sweet." She said.

"I'd love to stay with you love, but I must go before the train leaves." He said with a smile.

She looked into the boys' grey eyes, they seemed to be battling with him. "Goodbye Elara, I'll see you in a few weeks time."

"Goodbye Draco." She said as he left her standing in the hallway.

×××

Elara's grin widened as she and her father entered their small, yet cozy home.

"Oh how've I missed home." She gushed causing Severus to chuckle. Elara's eyes scanned the familiar sitting room, there were no pictures; only shelves of books.

That was part of safety procedure, no pictures of her nor her mother were to been seen. Since Severus was a double agent for the order, the death eaters couldn't know he had a daughter or had been married to Emily Dumbledore. They had moved out of Elara's childhood home not even a week after her mother's murder.

"I'm going to go put my stuff up, okay Dad?" She said with a smile. "Okay dear."

Elara walked up the spiral step and into a dark hallway. It smelled of various potions. She skipped to the end of the hall and walked in front of the blank wall four times, repeating her mothers name in her head. Then a beautifully carved door appeared. Yes, she was definitely hidden from those who didn't know Severus Snape had a daughter.

Elara smiled brightly as she entered her blue and purple bedroom. The fresh smell of star fruit and orchids filled her nose. Though, it wasn't anything new considering it was her perfume. She threw her trunk onto the floor and ran to her bed. "Oh how I've missed you." She told her bed, while giggling. Then she heard the slam of the door downstairs, making her freeze. "Severus!" Her voice cackled. "How nice to see you!" She continued. Elara was sure if she had a heart, it would've stopped.

"Bella, what are you doing here?" She heard her father's voice question.

"Oh, I just wanted to tell you about the Dark Lords plan to invade the ministry for his prophecy." She said casually.

"Very well. What am I to do?" He questioned.

"Nothing, you'll be at school when the time comes." She answered.

"Very well. Thank you for informing me." He dismissed.

"Ill be on my way now, I have a heartless half-blood to find." She said cheerily.

"I wish you the best of luck." Her father said as the door slammed shut. She could hear his rushed footsteps on the stairs and hallway floor.

"Elara, my moon are you okay?" He said worriedly through the wall.

"I'm fine." She said after a minute. "Dad, I need to go to Dumbledore Estate." She added. The door then appeared on the wall and her father walked through.

"Why?" He asked distraught.

"It's the only place that has the last six generations of The Heartless Family, actually it's the only place that has living portraits of any of grandmothers family." Elara said to her father.

"Elara you don't have to do this." He pleased.

"But I do Daddy. They're the only ones who can teach me. Winter break is five weeks, all I'm asking for is four of the five, please that's all I need. After that I may actually know how to control all of my abilities. I won't have to worry anymore about them going haywire or them harming me. Ill be stable at the least." She stated.

"Fine. Your have four weeks Elara Fay, but that's all... And I want you here for christmas." Severus Snape gave in.

Elara's eye lit up as she tackled her dad. "Thank you so much. I love you Daddy!" She gushed.

×××

Elara,s periwinkle eyes inspected the elmwood door that resided on the first floor of Dumbledore Estate. On the door was a plaque: "The Heartless" is what it read. Hesitantly she opened the door to be face with six previous generations of people, women just like her.

"Elara," She heard her grandmothers voice say. "We've been expecting you." Elara's eyes scanned the portrayed, there was an immense resemblance to each woman in that room, a resemblance she didn't share. Each of the women had white, almost silver hair and mesmerizing blue eyes. Elara had the eyes, but not the hair.

"I'm here to learn what my mother didn't." She stated, cringing at the words 'my mother'. "Very well child, we'll teach you everything we know." and they did.