Chapter 23

Elara looked in between the two of the most important men in her life. Severus Snape and Albus Dumbeldor.

"Whats the point of this?" Elara said, turning her gaze to the ground.

"We want to explain to you what going on... Completely." Her father said looking at his daughter.

"I'm listening."

×××

Elara's eyes shone with sadness as she walked down the hallway. 'Its his life, its really his life.'

She couldn't believe what she was told. Her father had explain her everything, but her grandfather barely spoke.

"Elara, I know he has told you. But you have to trust us and not get angry." She nodded her head at her father's word. "We all love you, you know that."

"I do." He sadly smiled at her, holding his arms out and she excepted the hug. He kissed the top of her head.

"I love you, my moon." She smiled and a small tear fell down her cheek.

"I love you too."

Elara sat down in the hallway. She shook her head and hid her face in her hands. Small foot steps filled the hallway.

Luna Lovegood was skipping down the hallway when she saw her fellow classmate. She stopped and sat down next to her.

"Is everything okay Elara?" Her soft voice questioned.

Elara looked up and a girl, who she wished one day to be friends with. If only she didn't have to worry about maybe one day the people closed to her could be killed because of her. Her grandfather was already was going to die before the end of her sixth year.

"It'll be okay, I have hope that it will." Luna smiled and nodded her head.

"I hope it does." She then continued to skip down the hallway.

Elara sat there for a what felt like hours and tried to pull herself back together.

Draco walked down the hall, in hopes to find his girlfriend. When he didn't find her in any of the places she would normally be. He sat down and thought. He didn't understand, she wasn't mad at him. He had told her what he had to do and she just pushed past it. He could tell there was something changing in her and it wasn't her power that caused it. The girl he once knew that he would said had a heart of gold, if she had one. He could tell she was losing her emotions. Like she just didn't care for anything anymore. He would she her smiled with him and her friends. But, small things would set her off. She would say something and not even realize it until after she did it.

For all he could tell was that she still had control over her powers. He didn't see what he saw in the beginning. But he barely heard from her at all durning last Christmas. He doesn't know what happened to her durning that time.

He sighed and got up and continued down the hallway. He knew there was no luck in the hope of finding his girlfriend. He figured he would head back to his dormitory and get a early start in sleep. But as he headed back to his dormitory, he over heard a conversation he probably shouldn't have.

"Yeah, she's not acting like herself. I could you that boy was bad for her." Ron said angrly.

"Ronald, it might not be him that's changing her. I've talked to her and she's in love with that boy no one or thing could ever change that. But it could be her personal life. Her mum died when she was young. Not knowing who her father is. And we all see how Dumbeldor is, he's slowly dieing. Her family is leaving her, it's probably taking a toll on her." Jenny said to her brother.

She had never told him any of those things. She would always act le everything was okay. Always making sure someone else was happy before her. That's one if the many things he loved about her. But if it was slowly killing her to keep this all bottled up, he wanted to help her. He understood that there were going to be things that she wouldn't tell him. But he figured that this would be something that she would tell him. Or not tell him because she didn't want him to worry. He turned and took another hallway.

××××××××××××

Elara walked around the halls for a very long time. She just couldn't sleep, even if she tried. But, she knew when she did close her eyes to sleep. She knew that it would be one of the many nightmares she had been having alot of lately. She wish she knew what was happening to her. The only way she could explain it was.

"I feel like I'm dieing." She whispered as a tear slid down her cheek.

She knew her powers could kill her, she just didn't think they would kill her this soon. Before she had a chance to live her life. Before she had the chance to live out the one dream she wanted to most. She had a dream that one day she would have a family. That she would actually get to live her life.

But you don't always get want you want. Life is unfair like that sometimes.