Chapter 16

Ginny's eyes immediately welled up with tear as she stood. "El, I'm so sorry. I'm such a bad best friend."

Elara's eyes widened at her words. "Oh Ginny." She said and ran up to her best friend and wrapped her friend in a hug. "Your crazy, absolutely crazy." Elara said to her best friend.

Elara released Ginny from the hug. "Why are you all still up, we have a big day tomorrow! Unless you want to look like crap at the end of year ball, of course." Elara hinted making Hermione and Ginny's eyes widen.

"Goodnight!" They called running up the steps to the girls dormitory. Elara's eyes than landed on the boys.

Their shoulders slumped as they said "Goodnight." in sync with each other.

"Did you two want to say something?" Elara said curiously.

Harry looked at Ron with threatening eyes. "I'm sorry." Ron muttered. Elara only rolled her eyes.

"How about you tell me again when you actually mean it Ronald Weasley." She huffed walking up the steps to the female dorms.

"Ron's mad at me isn't he?" Elara asked as she sat on the edge of her bed.

"It's Ron, he'll get over it." Hermione smiled.

"So, Elara." Ginny spoke up and Elara looked over st her best friend. "Are you and Draco a thing?" Elara looked down and thought for a moment. She could lie to them a little bit longer, it won't hurt.

"No, he just knows I'm one of Snape's favorite students. So maybe he thought he would get points or something for being nice."

"But, Ron said something about you liking someone." Ginny brought up.

"I kinda like someone, but I just don't know." Elara shrugged her shoulders.

"So you're really going to the ball by yourself?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, maybe I'll dance with that special someone." Elara smiled before getting up and getting ready for bed.

"Who did it?" Hermione asked looking at Elara's arms.

"A women." Was all Elara would answer before turning her back and finish getting ready, and went to bed without another word.

××××

"Harry, Draco Malfoy would never be nice to a Gryffindor like he was earlier." Ron shook his head as he looked out the window.

"I don't know Ron, maybe he's a nice guy when a girl is hurt." Harry eased.

"Harry, don't you get it Malfoy wants Elara! Our Elara!" Ron said trying to get his bed mate to understand.

"Ron, mate, we both know Elara wouldn't go for a git like him. Now go to sleep, we've got a big day tomorrow." Harry said turning of the lamp in their dorm.

×××

Elara's head hurt at all the tugging Ginny was doing. "Can you be more gentle, geez Gin." Elara said through the pain.

"Beauty is pain, my dear friend." Ginny said tugging on Elara's hair once again, making her groan.

"All I asked was for you to brush my hair Ginny, not pull it out." Elara said exasperated.

"I know, I know. We're finished now. Happy?" Ginny said annoyed.

"Very." Elara said with a bright smile.

×××

"So tell me again why you aren't getting dressed with us, Ginny said already dressed and ready to go.