New Year, Same Story (New Chapter)

A/N--- I had some fun with this chapter and I hope you enjoy it :) Don't forget to comment and vote if you like it 

Katie

It’s New Year’s Eve and we decided to go out to celebrate all the good things that have happened this past year and hopefully forget the bad ones. We are headed to meet up with Cassandra and her husband at a Karaoke bar in Greenstown, which was about thirty minutes from our house.

Of course since I am pregnant I am the lucky designated driver tonight. Lucky me…It would be virgin margaritas for me tonight.  

We pulled into the dark parking lot and parked next to a long row of cars in the grass. Owen hopped out of the car and walked around to my side. It was very unusual that we were even driving my car. I told Owen that if he wanted to drink we had to take my car because I was not driving his truck.

He helped me out of the car then I slid my arm through his awaiting arm. We walked up to a brick building with a sign that read “Roxie’s,” kind of reminded me of the musical Chicago with Roxie Hart. When we walked through the door I spotted Cassandra sitting at a table in the far corner. I waved at her then nudged Owen and pointed over to her direction. He led me through the crowded room being very careful not to bump me into things or people.

A girl was on stage singing a very bad rendition of Taylor Swift’s “Love Story.” I wanted to cover my ears to block out her screeching voice but I didn’t want to be rude. By the time we finally made it to the table the song was over, thank God.

“Wow Cassie you look amazing tonight,” I said as I gave her a quick hug. She was wearing a short black dress, simple yet very elegant looking and almost too nice for the place we were in.

“You look amazing yourself,” she placed her hand on my belly and smiled. I on the other hand was not as dressed up. I was actually just wearing jeans and a nice shirt that showed off my bump.

“You are too kind,” I laughed. I slid into the open seat next to Cassie and Owen sat right next to me.

“Oh my gosh! I am so rude…Katie this is my husband Matt,” Cassie introduced us.

“Hi Matt, nice to finally meet you. This is my soon to be husband Owen. We all three went to high school together,” I pointed to Owen and then to Cassie.

“Owen, you want to help me go get the ladies some drinks?” Matt asked. Owen nodded then kissed me on the head before he followed Matt to the bar.

“So what song are we going to sing tonight?” Cassie asked as she pulled out a small but think song book from the center of the table.

“Ha I don’t sing,” I laughed.

She looked at me funny then said, “You will go up there and sing with me or you will have to go sing by yourself, your choice but I will not take no for an answer.”

“On one condition…the guys have to sing too,” Said as I crossed my arms across my chest.

“Deal,” she laughed.

We looked through lists and lists of songs we could choose from. It was very overwhelming and I started to get nervous of the thought of singing in front of all these people. I just have to remember most of them are probably wasted right now and won’t remember anything tomorrow. Unfortunately I will remember it all.

Owen and Matt returned with our drinks and Cassie told them about singing. She decided to make a game out of it guys against girls. Whoever gets the biggest response from the crowd wins. Loser has to sing another song of the winner’s choice. Now I was really nervous.