The Nightmares Continue

A/N a revised chapter I took out a part and added something else :)

Katie

There was a bright light headed straight towards me. I saw a flash of his face right before everything went black.

I sat straight up and screamed. I nailed my wrist on the nightstand. I winced at the pain that shot up my arm. Katie it was just a dream I reassured myself. I was surrounded by darkness, how late was it and where was I?

Last thing I remembered was Owen putting me in the truck. Next thing I know I was being blinded by the bright light in the hall as the bedroom door flew open. I shielded my eyes from the light with my hand.

“What’s wrong? I heard you scream,” he asked as he entered the room and sat down on the bed next to me.

“It was just a bad dream,” I curled up on his lap.

I just laid there for a few minutes enjoying the comfort and safety I felt when he was around. He placed a hand on my swollen belly and whispered “I love you.” I smiled and jumped slightly as I felt Alex move in my belly.

“Did you feel that?” I asked him.

“Yes,” he smiled and kissed me on the head. I closed my eyes again and drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to the phone ringing on the nightstand. I glanced at the alarm clock, is it really ten am already… ugh. I don’t want to leave this warm bed. Whoever it was I will call them back in a little bit. I slowly dragged my butt out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I looked up to see a note taped to the mirror.

Went for a Run

Be back soon

Love you,

Owen

My man sure loves to run. I’m going to have to start calling him the gingerbread man. I chuckled to myself. I turned the hot water on in the tub and started to fill it up, a bubble bath sounded really nice my back was killing me.

 I stripped down and step into the tub then immersed myself in the scent of white tea and jasmine. I could use a good book right about now. I just relaxed there and soaked up the warmth of the water for about 30min then decided I had better get something accomplished today. It was already Sunday and I had to go back to work tomorrow. I had the day off this past Friday because of my doctor’s appointment.

I stepped out of the tub and dried myself off. I wrapped the towel around me then walked to my closet to retrieve something comfortable. I stopped at the full length mirror and just stared at myself, unsure if I knew the woman in the mirror. I dropped my towel revealing my naked body. I just stared at my belly mesmerized by the idea that I was going to be a mother and there really was a baby in there.

“You look beautiful,” I looked over my shoulder to see Owen walking up behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and softly kissed my neck. I could feel his sweaty t-shirt against my bare back.

“I have to tell you something…” I paused for effect.

“And what is that?” he asked as I turned around to face him.

“I hate to tell you this, but you stink,” I said and started laughing. He took off his shirt and threw it on the floor then gave me a come hither look. Damn his sexy charm and these hormones. I grabbed his outstretched hand and followed him to the shower.

After our shower we decided to go out and do a little more shopping for the baby. Now that we were definitely sure of the baby’s sex we could get more boy stuff. We also needed to get groceries. Our cabinets were bare, well not exactly….just nothing we had appealed to me or baby Alex.

The store was pretty crowded for a Sunday. Most people in town were usually at church. We walked straight back to the baby department first. The big thing we needed was a crib. I’m sure Owen doesn’t want baby Alex sleeping with us all the time.

There were several different styles to choose from. Then once you chose the style you had to choose for several different colors, like…white, cherry, oak, and some were painted blue or pink. I think I really like the oak one because I think it will go well with the blue colors I had in mind.

“So which one do you think we should get? I really like that one,” I said pointing to the oak finished crib with a drop down side that also converts into a toddler and full size bed.

“I think that would be a very nice one,” he replied.

“Ok so this one it is.” Owen grabbed the tag from the box so that we could have someone bring it out to the truck for us.

“What next?” He asked.

“A changing table that matches…preferably one with drawers and a dresser also to match.” I smiled and started looking at pictures of the many ways to set up the room.

“While you look at those I am going to check out the strollers and highchairs,” He said as he walked to the other end of the aisle. I thumbed through the pictures and finally came across the bed I had just chosen. I pulled the tags for all of the furniture pieces in the picture that went with the bed.

Owen returned with a really nice highchair that was decorated with planes and trains.

“That is adorable,” I giggled. I handed him the tags I had pulled and he added them to the one in his pocket.

“Ok so I tried to pick a stroller but there are way too many to choose from.”

“Well lets go look at them together and see if there is something we can agree on,” I suggested.

He was right there were so many choices. “Well we can mark out all the pink ones. We really need one that is for infants so that checks off a few more choices.”

He started to laugh. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Just you…you remind me so much of a teacher…oh wait you are a teacher,” he laughed.

“Ha Ha your funny,” I nudged him in the side.

I looked down the aisle a little further and saw the perfect stroller. I had the infant car seat that attached to the stroller and the strolled could also be used for toddlers.

“That’s it,” I said pointing to the stroller.

Owen grabbed the stroller and put it in the cart along with the high chair. We proceeded to the check out and paid for all of the furniture. Owen pulled the truck around to the back of the store and a couple guys helped him load up the furniture.

While they loaded the stuff I decided to call Cassie and see if she wanted to come over and that way Matt could help Owen get the stuff out of the truck.

“Hey Cassie it’s Katie.”

“Hey girl! How are you?”

“Doing great. Do you have any plans this afternoon?” I asked.

“Not really, we are just sitting around here doing nothing,” She laughed.

“Would it be possible for you and Matt to come over so Matt could help Owen unload the baby furniture?” I asked.

“Yeah that should be no problem at all… I guess I will see you in about half an hour if that works?”

“Yeah that would be perfect.” I replied. We chatted for a few more minutes then I said goodbye just as Owen got into the truck.

“Cassie and Matt are coming over in a little bit to help you unload the stuff,” I smiled.

“Ok that works,” he replied.

We headed back to the house. On the way home we passed by the cemetery and I could feel a sense of sadness wash over me. I feel guilty for spending so much time with Cassie and that she was now helping me plan the wedding. It was supposed to be Abby helping me. I hope she understands.