I Guess it is Time to go Back (New chapter)

A/N-- Sorry this is a really short filler chapter. The next chapter will probably be the same way.

Katie

            Owen was still sound asleep when I crawled out of bed being careful not to wake him. I walked through my closet and into the bathroom to start the shower.

            I walked back to my closet and grabbed a pink bra, matching panties, a pair of jeans, and a pink t-shirt.

After my shower I walked to the kitchen in my bare feet so I could keep quiet. Owen had to go back to work today so I figured I could at least have breakfast ready when he had awakened.

            I looked down at the ring on my finger and watched it sparkle in the light as I reached for a clean pan. I still couldn’t believe he had proposed last night. I wasn’t expecting anything like that.

            Abby was so excited when I called her last night. We were supposed to meet later today to start work on the perfect wedding. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed the eggs and bacon then returned to the stove to heat the pan I had set out.

            I grabbed an egg from the carton and cracked it against the side of the pan. In the process of dumping the contents of the egg into the pan I pierced the yolk. Well that settled it we were having scrambled eggs. I laughed to myself.

            I threw the bacon on the tray and popped it into the microwave. I suppose now that my leg has healed I should probably head back to work. I guess I could call the school and see if they even wanted me back. I grabbed the phone and dialed the school’s number.

            After two rings the secretary picked up.

            “Good morning Clyde Elementary. This is Gladys,” a familiar voice greeted me.

“Gladys this is Katie, is Principal Andrews available?” I asked.

“Oh, Katie… How are you dear? That was such an awful accident. Are you healing up ok?” she rattled on. I swear that woman is a talker.

            “I am doing very well now. Thank you for asking,” I replied.

            “Oh, Mr. Andrews just walked into his office I will patch you through to him. Take care my dear,” she said as she put me on hold.

            “Principal Andrews… How may I help you?” He asked.

            “Hello Mr. Andrews this is Katie…”

            “How are you doing? Hopefully recovering well…we sure do miss you here,” he said.

            “Well I was wondering if you still had a place for me at the school?” I stirred the eggs and removed the bacon from the microwave.

            “Of course we do. You are one of our best teachers. When were you looking to come back?” He asked.

            “Well today is Thursday so how about Monday?” I scraped the eggs out of the pan and on to two plates.

            “That sounds wonderful. I will see you on Monday.”

            “I look forward to it thank you!” I said goodbye then pressed end on my phone and tossed it on the counter.

            I walked back to the fridge, grabbed a carton of orange juice then filled a couple empty glasses. Breakfast was ready and he was still asleep. I took a bite of eggs to quiet my stomach and swallowed a gulp of juice. I guess I could wash up the dishes before I attempt to wake him.