Did That Just Happen?

A/N This is the revised chapter dont forget to comment and vote all feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Katie

Why did I stop him? What was wrong with me and I can’t believe I said it was because we haven’t been on a real date. I am not some old fashioned girl. I have been with a few guys and have never once hesitated when it came to sex. Maybe it was because I want more than just sex with him. I want all of him and not just his body; I want his heart and mind too.

“Hey we better get going if we want to make it to the store before they close,” he said as he pulled me out of my thoughts.

“Oh yeah I forgot, let me throw some clean clothes on real fast,” I stood up and headed down the hall.

“Better be ready in like five minutes or I am leaving without you!” he yelled down the hall.

“Yeah, yeah,” I replied knowing he wouldn’t actually leave.

Now what to wear? I guess I could just throw on a sun dress it would be the fastest thing. I looked in the mirror to see parts of my hair sticking up with pieces of grass in them. This will not do so I pulled a brush through my hair and decided to leave it down for a change.

“I’m leaving” he said as he poked his head in the bedroom.

He just stared at me and said “wow.”

“What’s wrong? Is there still grass in my hair?” I asked.

“No, you look stunning,” he replied.

“Thank you,” I blushed as I grabbed my purse and slid into my black ballet flat. This kills me not being able to wear heels because of this stupid cast.

“You should wear your hair down more often,” he said.

“Let’s go or we are never going to make it,” I laughed.

Neither one of us said a word as we drove into town. I felt like I was in heaven right now sitting next to him while he drove with his arm around me and my head on his shoulder. You have got to love trucks just for this very reason. About ten more minutes and we will be in town.

“Hey Abby is here!” I exclaimed as I pointed at the front entrance.

“I’ll drop you off at the door and you guys can chat while I park the truck,” he said.

He dropped me off at the door where I am practically pummeled by an excited Abby. She hugged me so tight I could barely breathe.

“Ok you can let go now Abby, kind… of… hard… to… breathe here,” I struggled to break free and yet not lose my balance at the same time.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I guess I was just a little excited to see you,” she replied.

“So what’s new?” I asked knowing she has to have some major gossip to share with me.

“Where’s Owen? Oh not much, just the same old stuff,” she laughed.

“He’s parking the truck he’ll be here in a minute,” I replied as we walked, well I hobbled, towards a vacant bench so I could sit down.

“So, how is that going with him?” she asked.

“Well, he kissed me earlier,” I told her as we sat down.

“Details girl, spill it,” she said and motioned for me to continue with the story.

Her face was lit up like a child on Christmas morning. Her blonde hair was in its usual ringlets hanging over her shoulder with a pink bow today. Her hair bounced along with her excitement.