Chapter 41 - Happy Birthday

When I woke up that morning, I felt a natural happiness come into my mood. You can't blame me really. Today it's the first birthday where people are actually celebrating it because they want to. Because they care for me, and that makes me the happiest i've been in a long time.

"Grace! Wake up!" Chase yelled, running over to my bed and belly-flopping onto my legs. I groaned out in pain as the sudden feeling of numbness came to my legs. Stupid fifteen year old boys, "C'mon! We're going to the beach!' 

"Beach?" I asked, "As in swimming?" I muttered, "But I just got back from there" 

"As in Ashton and the boys are meeting us there so you better hurry up because we leave in an hour" He stated, smirking on me.

"Chase I can't go anywhere when you're lying on m- When did you get Abs?" I blurted, my eyes widening at the hardness of the boys chest. I tilted my head slightly and poked his chest in curiousity. They weren't there before.

"What? These?" He asked, poking his chest, smirking slightly, "They're nothing"

"When I first got here, you had weak little arms and I could see your ribs. You don't even work out!" I stated a-matter-of-factly.

"Actually," He laughed, "I do. Try having a father that forcefully puts you under weights, even when you don't want to be under them"

"Puberty has worked well, kiddo"

"Do me a favour and," he stated as he lifted himself off my bed, "Never call me kiddo, ever, again"

"Why, kiddo?" I smirked

"Because you're only like a year and a half older than me" he grinned before walking out of my bedroom, "HURRY UP!" He screamed from a distance.

I tipped my head back in laughter and slipped out of the blankets on my bed. I wasn't prepared to get ready straight away, so I walked downstairs to grab some breakfast.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Stella screamed as soon as I walked into the kitchen. There was a huge present wrapped in blue Christmas wrapping sitting on the bench, "This is yours" she stated, handing me the gift, "We didn't have any birthday paper so I wrapped it in Christmas paper, I hope you don't mind"

I laughed and grabbed the gift from her hands, "I don't mind at all" I told her. I ripped down the middle and grinned at the sight in front of me, "you got me a bean bag?" I laughed.

"But look how big it is!" She stated, "You can fit up to 2 people on it"

"Thank you" I smiled.

"There's something else" she grinned, handing me a stack of papers. I looked down at them in confusion, flicking through the numorous pages, "It's official. You're a Spartis!" She screamed. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"No way," I stated, "oh my god, seriously?!" I yelled, "STELLA!" I screamed in happiness, "how long have you known?" I asked

"It cleared the day before you got back" She smiled, "I thought it'd be a lovely thing for your birthday"

"And it was" I grinned, "Thank you so much"

"No problem, love. So is dinner still on?" She asked, smiling. I thought back to Ashtons date offer and automatically smiled. Coming to think of it, I don't think he's ever taken me on a proper date. I mean, yeah we've been to see movies together and stuff, but he's never actually taken me to dinner before. 

"Actually, could we change it to lunch? It's just that Ashton wants to do take me out tonight and I'd kind of like to go" I explained. The fact was, Stella nor Jason knew Ashton and I broke up at all. Acording to them, we're still dating so it didn't matter that I told them we were going out. 

"Yeah sure, I'll just cancel the reservation" 

"We had a reservation?" I asked, suddenly feeling guilty. 

"Yeah but it wasn't a big deal," She chuckled, "Go out with Ashton tonight, we'll go to the beach today and come home around four so you have time to get ready" She stated, "But we're meeting you and the boys at the beach at eleven"

"Why don't I just go with you?" I asked her, confusion taking over my thoughts, "And Chase said we're leaving in an hour?"

"Presents, silly! They want you to go over and open them" She laughed, "And Chase lied. He just wanted you out of bed"