Chapter 23 - Awkward thoughts

BEFORE YOU READ THE NEXT CHAPTER I WANT YOU TO LOOK UP 'BRING ME BACK TO YOU' FROM KATLINSTYLESS BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT OKAY I LOVE IT AND IF YOU DONT GO AND CHECK IT OUT ILL PROBABLY HATE YOU FOR ABOUT 10 SECONDS BYE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"So," Luke stated as he sat his coffee down on the bench "Hows Jordan?" We were at Hyde Park together, drink coffee just us two while we waited for Ashton to get his hair trimmed. His hair was getting pretty long, and with them going back to NOVA soon to catch up with Smallzy, he wanted it to look fresh. 

I stared at the blonde boy weirdly, "Why do you care?" I asked him. 

He shrugged, "No reason. Just making conversation" He told me. I gave him a look, letting him know that I didn't believe him. He rolled his eyes and grabbed his coffee cup again, "We met at the party. She was upset. Apparently her boyfriend dumped her or something" He told me. 

"Wait you met her?" I asked. He nodded slowly, taking another sip of his drink. I felt a little uncomfortable that he spoke to Jordan and didn't tell me. I mean, he can talk to whoever he wants, but he didn't have to lie about it. I wouldn't have cared. 

"How was school today?" He asked, changing the subject as he looked down at my uniform. I rolled my eyes and pulled at the uncomfortable blouse I was wearing. 

"It was boring" I told him, "Still more lost than ever" I stated. I went back to school today, and the look on my homeforms teachers face said he wasn't impressed that I had missed so much school, but he didn't say anything. Infact, all my teachers gave me special treatment today. It was about second lunch when the year coordinator walked up to me and asked if things at home were going okay. I realised then that they must have thought I tried killing myself, judging by my past.

"Maybe you could get tutoring? They do tutoring there don't they?" He asked.

I nodded and let out a sigh, "Yeah but I asked today and none are willing to go through all the subjects with me" I mumbled. "Maybe I could just work on one subject at a time" I shrugged. "Do you go to school?" I asked him suddenly. "Do any of you boys go to school?"

 He chuckled and shrugged, "Ashton finished last year," He told me, "And Michael, Calum and I were going to school until our band got bigger. When we were offered to tour with Hot Chelle Rae last year, we quit and decided to dedicate our lives fully to music" He explained.

"You toured with Hot Chelle Rae?" I asked him. I was surprised. I had no idea that I missed so much when I stopped listening to them. 

"Yeah," he chuckled. 

"Luke," I said quietly, "D-Do you think I'm too..Young..For Ashton?" I asked. "I-I mean like, I know it's only a two and a half year difference, but that means he's ready for life..I don't know if I'll be able to stay caught up with him" I mumbled. 

"Do you think you're too young?" He asked. 

I shrugged. I wasn't sure, really. But last night I took in what Stella and Jason said about his age. He was nineteen, and I'm not seventeen until next month. Will I be dragging his career down if I stick with him? I mean, I need him a lot, and sometimes I'm scared he doesn't know how much that is exactly. "What if I drag the band down?" I asked

"You won't" He laughed, "I'm only seventeen, remember? You're around my age and I'm actually in the band" He stated.

"Maybe I should date you then" I joked, laughing slightly. He chuckled and pushed me slightly

"You wish, Jonesy" He smirked. I rolled my eyes as if saying yeah sure. "I can see he likes you, Grace" He smiled. "Don't let that slip, though alright? I know Ash is serious in relationships. He doesn't just date someone for a few nights and then ditch them"