Chapter 27 -Court

Thank you everyone for the lovely congratulations comments. I'm so proud of myself :) xxx

I've skipped towards the court day, because srsly who wants to know what they're doing with their lives when something this big has been announced, right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was it. The day I would be seeing my mother again for the first time since I was twelve years old. I stood in the bathroom, looking down at my appearance. I was wearing a black pencil dress -borrowed from Jordan- and my black converse shoes.

Everyone was downstairs waiting for me, including the boys. Well, all the boys except Michael who was still at the beach house with Lola. I still haven't told them that I was going to court, and I don't plan on telling them until they get home. I couldn't ruin their time together, it's just too wrong.

There was a little knock at the door, and the body that walked in still surprised me to no end. "Are you okay?" Jordan asked. "I-I know this is hard for you" She mumbled.

I took a deep breath and looked down at my appearance again, "Uh, yeah.. I'm just..Nervous" I told her, "What if she does get custody? I'll have to leave and...Say goodbye to everything that makes me happy" I muttered.

"C'mon," She nodded, putting a hand on my back, "We'll do this together. Me, Ashton, Luke, Calum...We're all here for you, alright? If she gets custody, then you'll work through it, with us"

"Why are you being so nice?" I asked her. It was strange, but the last couple of days Jordan has been nothing but nice to me. Her entire personality has changed. She's even layed off Luke, and he seems to...Like her when she's around. I liked this Jordan, though.

She looked me in the eyes and shrugged, "I know what it's like when no one understands. Everyone thinks I'm some sort of sex drived, drug addict...But that's just my friends" She mumbled, "Let's go, it starts in fourty five minutes"

We walked downstairs and I immediately walked into my boyfriend, hoping he'd embrace me in a protective hug, which he did. He kissed me on the head and whispered "We'll beat this. I promise"

I decided to go to the court house with Ashton, Calum and Luke, while Stella and Jason took Jordan and Chase. We all got in the different cars and drove our way there, Ashton following Jason.

When we got there, I couldn't help but let out a shakey sigh. We all got out of the car eventually, and Ashton, Luke and Calum went over to stand with Stella and Jason, waiting for the lawyer to come out and speak to me. I couldn't follow them though, so I stood by the garden.

I started tapping my foot, trying to carm my anxiety down just a little bit. I couldn't do this. How could I? How could she? After everything I've been through, don't you think I deserve a little bit of peace? I spotted the lawyer walking out of the doors, and that was when my breakfast came back up. 

I fell to my knees and threw up in the pretty little garden, unable to control it. I felt someones presence near me, and they immediately held my hair back "Hey," Ashton whispered, pulling the brown strand of hair away from my face, "Shh, it's okay" He whispered. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and sat on the ground, Ashton following. "You okay, now?" He smirked, handing me a water bottle and a breath mint. 

"Don't laugh at me" I frowned. He chuckled and pulled me to his chest.

"I'm not laughing at you, babe" he smiled. I groaned as I spotted Stella waving me over, a nervous look on her face. We were all incredibly nervous at the moment. Ashton stood up and put a hand out to help me up. I gladly took his hand and we both walked over to the group

"Grace," The Lawyer, Matthew, smiled at me, "They're ready for us" He told us all. I gulped and nodded at the fair headed man, "Do you remember what we talked about yesterday?" He asked. I nodded and wiped my hands against my dress. Yesterday, Stella and I met up with Matthew for coffee. We talked about everything I was going to say, which was mainly about how hard things were for me. How she treated me, all those kinds of things.

We walked into the huge court house and followed Matthew into one of the rooms, Ashton holding my hand tightly as we walked through the doors. There was a couple of people in there already, and I soon recognised the familiar dark brown hair.

The horrible women turned around and smiled at me, and waved slowly. I let go of Ashtons hand, giving him a quick kiss and sat down across from her, completely ignoring her. Matthew sat next to me, and also Stella who was just there as a gardian because I'm underage.

(A/N: PLEASE JUST PRETEND THAT THIS IS HOW IT ACTUALLY GOES. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENS IN REALITY IM JUST GOING OFF SAPPY AMERICAN MOVIES AND JUDGE JUDY OK)

"All rise for Judge Tomsen" The big security guy said in a monotone voice. I gulped and everyone in the room stood up. I turned around and Ashton blew me a kiss. Luke gave me a thumbs up and Calum did some weird face which almost made me laugh.

An old man, maybe in his sixties, walked through the doors in his big black cloak and took a seat at the big wooden stand at the front of the room. He smiled and tapped the hammer lightly before stating the case.

"Lydia Jones, Biological mother of Grace Jones wants custody over her daughter, correct?" He asked. We all nodded. "Grace to the stand" He said quickly. I nodded and followed the security guard over to the stand.

Matthew stood up and asked the first question, "Grace, at what age were you when you were taken away from your mother?" He asked.

"Twelve years old" I said clearly.

"And what what is like before then?" He asked.

"It was scary. I wouldn't be fed. I'd be dirty all the time, and I'd rarely see Lydia," I told everyone. My eyes landed on my mother and she cringed when I called her Lydia, "She'd be passed out five days a week, and when she wasn't she'd be with different men," I stated. The well dressed, blonde man sitting next to my mother grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"What about when you got put into foster homes?" He asked.

"I fell into depression. Who wouldn't right? I mean, S-She abused me. I had discipline for the first time in my life, and that was strange"

"And how bad was your depression?"

I looked at the women who ruined my life, and made sure she was looking back at me as I said "I tried killing myself six times. I'd get put into different homes each time, which made things worse" I said.

"Are you happy where you are?" He asked.

"Yes" I stated, "For the first time in my life"

"That's all Your Honour" Matthew said, before taking his notes and sitting down. I was escorted back to my seat, and Lydia was called up to the stand.

Her Lawyer stood up and smiled at her before saying, "Lydia, what was like in those times, you had Grace?" He asked her.

"It was horrible" She sighed, "I wasn't ready for a daughter. Especially when my former husband passed on"

"What did you go through when she was taken away?"

"I'll admit at first, I didn't care. But a couple of years ago, maybe four? I met Luke. He was my knight in shining armour," I heard one of the boys scoff in disgust from behind me, which I assumed was Luke "He led me to rehab, and I spent the next two and a half years in there. When I got released, I moved in with him into his house."

"Do you honestly think you're one hundred percent ready for your daughter, even if she is a teenager?"

"Of course I am. I went to rehab, just so I'd be allowed to see her again. I want her home. I should be allowed to have back what was originally mine" She stated, looking at me directly. I glared slightly at her, letting her know she'll never get me back, even if she does get custody.

"That's all your honour" Her lawyer stated.

I tapped my fingers nervously on the lightly stained desk in anticipation. In just a few short moments, my future will be determined. The judge tapped the hammer again and said, "Let's have a break. In half an hour we will join again and things will be decided" He stated. I sighed in annoyance and watched as he walked out of the room first. People started forwarding out after him, which was when someones arms went around me. 

"You'll smash them" Ashton whispered, kissing me on the cheek. 

"You  think? I mean, she had a pretty good reason an-"

"Grace?" I turned around and Lydia was standing there, a hopeful face plastered over her face. I heard either Luke or Calum from behind Ashton grunt in disgust. "Uh, hi"

"What do you want?" I glared.

Her eyes raised in surprise as she coughed awkwardly, "I-I um..I have to admit, I was expecting a better greeting then that. I am your mother" She stated a matter-of-factly. 

"Bullshit" Luke spoke up, "You've never been a mother to her. She doesn't want you in her life. How could you even try to get custody? They'll never allow it. After everything you've put her through, why now?" He asked. I'm pretty sure everyone still in the room was stunned at Luke's outburst. He was usually the quietest out of all four boys, and yet, here he is. 

"I know i've put you through things I shouldn't have. But I never intended to cause you life problems, Grace. I promise I'll be a better mum" 

"I don't care," I spoke, "You'll never be a parent to me. You'll always just be that whore I had to live with for the first twelve years of my life," I said harshly. 

"I'm sorry you feel that way" She frowned, "But what's done is done" 

....................

After waiting the next half an hour, the judge called us all back in. We took our places back in the same spots, and the judge tapped the hammer, silencing everyone.

"We're gathered here because Lydia Jones wants custody over her daughter. We've gone over the decisions," he said, looking at the lawyers, "and we've gone through the history given. We've come to an agreement and we've decided that Grace is happy where she is, and we shouldn't take her away from that sort of environment" he stated, I turned around and grinned at my three friends who were all high-fiving and fist pumping, trying not to make an noise -Which failed. "But as of today, if you'd like, Lydia, You're allowed to contact Grace whenever you like, as long as you continue with your new life. Case closed" 

I stood up almost immediately and hugged Stella tightly, "Before we leave," She said loudly, stopping the judge, "What is the process I have to go through to adopt Grace?" She asked. Everyone around us stood silently, all too shocked to say anything. He smiled at her and walked over to us. 

"You'll have to talk to the foster home about that. We don't have anything to do with that other than signing it" He stated. Stella nodded and muttered a thanks as he walked away. 

"Are you joking?" I squealed, "You want to adopt me?"

"Of course!" She laughed. 

And that was pretty much the moment I started crying in happiness, literally.

---------------------------------------------------------------

IM SORRY IF THIS WAS COMPLETELY WRONG I LITERALLY JUST MADE THIS AT THE TOP OF MY HEAD. DO THEY EVEN GO TO COURT??????? AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

SHE'S STAYING AW YAY

GUYS

MY CONCERT IS IN 4 DAYS H O L Y S H I T

does anyone want to make a trailer for this book?? It'd be really good if someone could because I suck at that stuff ahahahhaha

Comment the first thing that comes into your head when you think monkey ok