Chapter 25 - Late arrivals

So a lot of you are confused about Australian holidays! So, me, Sarah, is going to explain to you what and when they are woo (In Queeensland they are anyway) 

Okay so the first set of holidays in a year is the easter holidays. They go for 2 weeks during April or something I forget but yeah. 

The next are the June/July holidays which is a two week break between school terms. 

After that is the September holidays (The ones just passed) which again, is a two week break between school terms. 

At the end of the year we have 6-8 weeks off (depending which school you go to, whether is catholic or state) which is between December and January. I know Americans have Summer break right? Well the Christmas holidays are similar, but we don't have all summer off. 

THAT WAS JUST A LITTLE PART OF AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM YOU DIDN'T REALLY NEED TO KNOW HAHAHHAHHA anyways yeah, enjoy the filler chapter. (Soz not soz) 

----------------------------------------------

"She what?" I asked again. I couldn't feel anything in my body other than my heart beat right now. I was having trouble hearing anything else too. 

boom...boom...boom...

"She's going to court. Apparently she's been in rehab for the last couple of years and they've finally let her go. She wants her daughter back. Apparently she has a good boyfriend now, and she's ready to be a mum again" He told us. I shook my head and stood up. I couldn't sit still and listen to this bullshit anymore.

"No way," I growled. "She doesn't deserve her wish after what she did to me!" I cried, "If I go back there, I don't know what I'll do" I whispered, the tears running down my face freely. "Please don't let her win" 

"We won't" Stella said sternly. "You're our daughter now. She can't just disown you and then suddenly want you again"

"I should leave" Ashton whispered, "This isn't my place to listen in and you guys need to sort it out. I'll talk to you tomorrow, yeah?" Ashton mumbled. 

"Please don't go" I mumbled, wiping the tears away. "I-I don't know what I'll do if I'm alone" I cried. I tried to keep it as less obvious as possible infront of Jason and Stella, but I knew he understood what I meant. He looked at Jason as if silently asking him if he could stay. 

"Of course you can" Stella cut in, "Jason and I both know nothing innopropriate is going to happen tonight" She stated. Jason glared at her from the corner of his eye, but didn't disagree. 

"Thankyou, I promise I won't try anything on her, you have my word" Ashton told them.

"It's late. Go and try and get some sleep, alright? We have a lot of things to get through tomorrow" Jason mumbled. "Night guys" 

"Good night" I sighed out as I walked up the stairs, Ashton right behind me. 

"Are you alright?" Jordans voice asked quietly. I jumped in fright as I abruptly turned around and spotted her leaning against her bedroom door. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," She said quickly. 

"When did you get home?" I asked her. 

"You two were watching a movie" She mumbled. "Are you okay?" She asked again. 

"Uh, yeah..Not really" I chuckled bitterly, "I just need the next few days to pass by quickly" I told her, smiling sadly at the girl I've never really gotten on with. It kind of hurts to know that I could be leaving though. 

"She won't get it back" She called out as we continued to walk to my bedroom, "If it makes you feel any better Grace, I'll miss you" She mumbled. I smiled back at her as Ashton walked first into my room.