Chapter Thirty Five

For anyone still reading; don't be a silent reader! I won't bite... Well sometimes I do. Ignore that XD. But don't hide in the shadows, please vote and comment!

Enjoy.

"This is utter bullshit!" Brendon yelled. His voice echoes through the room. The heavy air hung around Brendon and the lawyer. Brendon's left hand was cuffed to the table, while the other lay on his thigh. It's been a day since his arrest, and he was still confused. Brendon didn't know what he did or why people thought he kidnapped Brooke. Why the fuck do people think that? I didn't kidnap her! The stale air around them was suffocating Brendon. The blank and bland room was filled with a grey wall and metal door on the other side. 

"I know, I know. Brendon, truth be told, I believe you. But the court might not. Even if you aren't slapped with charges, you might never get Brooke out of the state's custody." The lawyer rubbing his forehead. Brendon had his teeth clinched, along with his fists. No visitation was allowed, so there was no word on where Brooke is. Ryan wasn't able to come into the holding cell to see Brendon.   

"Wait!" Sudden panic poured into Brendon. "Brooke in state custody?! I thought she was with Ryan!" Brendon yelled loudly. Attempting to move in the chair, he started to cuss angrily. Brendon felt his chest tighten with worry. She did so horrible at the foster home, what is she goes back to that place? 

"I'm sorry Brendon. Ryan tried his best to keep her but he has no legal custody over her." The lawyer sighed. Alexander, the lawyer's name, and Brendon had been talking for a while. 

"Fuck." Brendon swore.

"Why don't you tell me what happened the night you saw that woman?" 

"Okay. It happened about five years ago. Joshua, one of our friends, held a new years party. Most of my friends and I went. After a while, I was shitfaced drunk. Most of it was a blur, some drunken dancing and downing drinks. Then this woman came over. She was really beautiful, and she was in a short black dress that barely covered anything. We started to sexually dance and things started to get heated. Next thing I remember is that I was in bed with her. I woke up the next morning only to find her laying next to me. I told her that I wasn't looking for a relationship and she agreed. Then we both left, I went home, thinking that this was over. Years later I get a call from Sarah, saying that I have a daughter. I- I didn't even fucking know that Sarah was pregnant.  Brooke was given up to a foster home and then I found her. I took her in and adopted her. I didn't kidnap her, I saved her from- from that hellhole. That the foster home, she was abused and neglected. Brooke was so underweight when I found her. She a lot better now, she's a healthy weight and she's a lot happier. If I kidnapped her; why would I have taken care of her? And protected her? I would never hurt my daughter, nor would I rape Sarah."  

"Your story checks out. But Sarah is saying that you found her at the party, drugged her, and raped her. Brendon, I can tell you are not that kind of person. I've been on cases where the man did rape the woman; but I can tell you didn't. Pleasure talking to you. The court said that they think she's being abused by you. Also that, since you are in band, it might be best to give her to Sarah for her to take care of her. They might give custody to Sarah..." Alexander's frowned deepened. Brendon's eyes widened and he felt angry. He would never hurt his daughter, the court is panting him like a monster; which is far from the truth.  

"I may have not been there before for her," Brendon whispered. "But she's my daughter. I didn't know her when she was born, her mother didn't tell me about her until that day. I found her in a foster home where she was abused and mistreated. I wasn't there for her then, but I damn will protect her now. From everyone and everything. Her name is Brooke Boy Urie, and she is my daughter. I will never let her go at the hands of them."

Brendon felt horrible. Why are people thinking I'm doing this? I would never lay a hand on my daughter in a hurtful way.

The lawyer sighed, he felt guilty. Alexander knew that Brendon was a good guys and would do anything to protect her. But he was hoping that Brendon would walk free and would keep custody of Brooke. He breathed in and said, " I found out that your court date is in two days. Until then, you'll be held in a holding cell. Good luck and I'll you then."

"Wait," Brendon sighed. "I know it's not your job, but could you please tell Brooke that I'm okay? I don't want her freaking out." He rubbed his forehead tiredly. The last thing that Brendon need was her having a panic attack. 

"Of course."

"Thank you so much." Brendon breathed out in relief. I'm sorry Brooke, I'll see you soon." He turned and left, the metal slammed behind him. 

Brendon sighed, tears welling up in his eyes. "It's okay Brooke. I'll do my damnist to get you back." 

**** 

"What are you in here for?" The man across the cell said to Brendon. "Aren't you that guy from that band?" Brendon was leaning forward against the bars. The cold bars rested against Brendon's arms. The man was in the holding cell across from him. The man was in the same jumpsuit as Brendon was in. The man looked rough, a scar around his face. 

"Yeah, I am. Some girl is accusing me of things I didn't do. What about you?" Brendon asked the man. 

"I was found with drugs in my car." The man shrugs. He had blond shaggy hair and blue eyes. The scar went across his eye and he looked scary.

"I'm Brendon." Brendon said.

"I'm Santiago." The man said. Brendon nodded and smiled at the man. "Wanna explain what that bitch did? I'm not a lawyer and I don't give a fuck." Earning a chuckle from Brendon.

"Basically, I went to a party and had sex with a girl. Later, I found out that she was pregnant. My daughter, Brooke, was in an orphanage after that woman gave her up. I didn't even know that I had a child. So I took her in. Then all of a sudden, police barge in and arrested me. That woman accused me of rape and kidnapping my daughter. daughter. And they are attempting to take custody away from me." Brendon hissed.

"Damn man, that's cold. What a fucking bitch that woman is." Santiago said.

"What about you?" Brendon asked.

"I was coming home from a court date and I was stressed. My kids got taken away from me. April and Faith are my daughters. They are twins and they are fourteen. But they got taken away from me and I down something I shouldn't have. I bought drugs. I wasn't planing to do them- I just saw a guy and I bought them. Then a cop pulled me over and found it. So that's my story."

"I'm sorry dude. That fucking sucks. I hope you get April and Faith back soon. They sound like great kids." Brendon said to Santiago.

"Thanks. I hope you keep the custody on Brooke." Santiago turned and walked away from the bars.

"God, I hope I do too." Brendon whispered to himself.

****

Awww this is sad and cute. But I hope you like this chapter!

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT.
(Plus the epilogue)

-THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-