Chapter Twenty Seven

{Picture; Amy}

It's been a couple of days since the whole date. Kate's parent had found her from the park. At first, the mother were a little upset when they found out that their daughter was hanging out with two grown men. But after some explaining, the mother was okay with it. Kate had a sister who left her alone and she walked to the park. Brendon was, a least, glad that they found her instead of some pervert. The mother was a single parent dealing with two kids and Kate was able to get away. Brooke and Kate have become great friends as they babble back and forth to each other. The mother was a Panic! At The Disco fan, and while the mother and Brendon talked, Kate and Brooke continued to talk. They seemed to already be best friends, even if they only talked for a couple hours.

Ryan was slightly sad when the woman came. It couldn't help but feel jealous. He also felt slightly upset that he could hold Brendon's hand, nor could he making any moves toward the other man. No one knows that they are dating, and he thinks that Brendon wants to keep it that way. The woman left after an hour, leaving Brendon, Ryan, and Brooke alone. Brooke was extremely happy after this ordeal, as she talked alone. Not that either of them minded. The woman and Brendon agreed to have a play-date in a couple of days. Brendon thought it was best to meet at the park once again and not at either of their houses.

Today was the day that they agreed on. While Brendon was busy with a meeting, Ryan decided to take Brooke to the park. Brendon had left already, seeing as it was around noon, and Ryan was attempting to get Brooke dressed. Which proved to be a challenging. With her refusing to put on her normal clothing from her pajamas. Ryan barely got on the sock on her feet. Ryan didn't know it was this hard to get her dressed. 'Brendon always made this look easy.' Ryan thought with a huff. He held the shirt with a tight grip. Brooke was having fun with messing with him to say the least. While Brooke ran around upstairs, Ryan chased behind her, out of breath. For such a little girl, she had a lot of energy. Ryan was panting heavily as he ran.

Brooke giggled and continued to run away from Ryan. Her short hair fell behind her in locks, swaying in the air as she ran. Her feet pattered on the carpet as she ran. Her loud giggles filled the room, bouncing off the walls. Ryan was getting sweaty from running, as he was wearing dark clothing. His hoodie covered his body, as he aggressively tugged on the black collar away from his neck, in an attempt to get the air back into his chest. He coughed and stared at the girl once again. He placed his hands on his knees and leaned over. It's quite hilarious that Ryan couldn't could keep up to a child, that it is twenty-six years younger than he was. It also noticed that they have been running around in circles for over an hour now. 

"You're slow, Ryro!" Brooke taunted. Ryan rolled his eyes and grunted. Brooke is so much like Brendon, from the way she looks and to the way she acts. Why is this so hard for him and not for Brendon? He wasn't too angry, Brooke seemed to be having fun- taunting Ryan. She bolted towards the stairs, and attempted to climb down. Ryan's eyes widened. He might have been overprotective, but he was scared that Brooke would fall down the stairs. He turned in a flash and bolted towards the stairs also. Just as Brooke was about to jump down the first stair, Ryan reached out and yanked her into his arms. Brooke pouted, seeing as she was caught. 

"Now will you get dressed Brookey?" He used a mocking voice. Brooke crossed her tiny arms over he chest. She pouted her full lips out and gave Ryan a wide-eyes look. Ryan rolled his eyes once again and held her in his arms. Her legs rested on his hip, and his arms held her in place. With a protesting Brooke, he carried her into her room. Ryan sat her on the bed and grabbed the shirt- the one he was holding before he dropped it, and pulling the cotton long sleeve white T-shirt over her tank top. Her outfit was simple, a long sleeve white cotton T-shirt, black jeans, converse, and a Panic! At The Disco hat that was turned backwards. After Ryan finally got Brooke dressed, he grabbed her hand and left the house, locking the door behind him. 

The moist air circled the crisp, sapphire color sky. It was an ideal day to go outside. The air was a little chilly, but it was still quite warm. The sun was peaking slightly from the fluffy, white clouds. Ryan breathed in the clear air, and the smell of flowers and trees. The area that Brendon lives is highly populated, but there was an area behind his house that no every one knows about. But it's quite beautiful in winter. Brooke stood beside Ryan as she happily swung their hands back and forth. Ryan held Brooke's tiny hand in his large one. Her hair was gently fell to her back, and a backward hat laid on her head. Brooke's converses pattered against lukewarm cement, in a putter-patter type pattern.  Brooke gently hummed a song- of course it was a song by Panic! At The Disco- and she swung her head sideways, her hair swaying behind her. 

"Kate!" Brooke cheered, pulling out of Ryan's grip and running towards the park. Kate ran towards Brooke, calling Brooke's name also. Ryan chuckled and saw them hugging. The two interlocked in a hug, which Kate was slightly taller and they both giggled. Once they let go of each other, Ryan walked over to Kate. Her mother and one other person stood. His eyes widened as he saw the last person he wanted to see. 

It was his ex- girlfriend, Amy.

**** 

Ha, I actually updated. 

-THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT-