Chapter Five

"What's this?!" Boyd, Brendon's father spat, shoving the news paper at him. It was about Brendon and Brooke. That caused Brendon to narrow his eyes at his father.

His mother, Grace, stood there and didn't do anything. She just looked past Brendon and at Brooke. Brooke stood looking at the two parents at the door with confusion.

"What are you going to do with this useless kid?! You already failed in life because you didn't go to college and you became an atheist. What makes you think that you can properly raise a kid?" Boyd yelled at his son. Brendon got angered by what he was saying. He glanced over to Brooke and saw that she had tears in her eyes. "The best thing you can do right now is give her up." Boyd said in a low tone.

Brendon glared at his father. He sighed and turned around, ignoring his parents for a second, a kneeled down to Brooke's height. She looked at her father sadly. Brendon mirrored the frown on her face as he gently patted her on the shoulder. "Go up stairs to your room, princess. I'll be up later."

Brooke nodded and turned around, rushing up to her room. She seemed really upset from what Boyd said. She walked, more like ran up to her room. Brendon stood and glared at his parents. Grace said nothing and just stared at the back of the retreating Brooke, sadly.

"Are you happy?" Brendon snapped. He took a step towards them. "Are you two happy that you made a little girl cry?" He raised his voice. Which was pretty odd because he never raise his parents, nor did he even talk to his parents like that.

"That kid is just going to bring you down!" Boyd yelled back stepping towards Brendon. Boyd was taller than Brendon, but Brendon was quite stronger. They were only a few feet away while they both looked at each other angry.

"'That kid' is named Brooke and she is my daughter!" Brendon was still yelling. He was worried about Brooke as she was only upstairs and probably could hear them auguring. Grace still hasn't said anything but she just keep looking down.

"How do you know that 'Brooke'," He mocked. "is actually your daughter? How do you know? She's a mistake that you made while you were drunk." Boyd scoffed. Brendon was clinching and un-clinching his fists.

"You know what? Fuck you!" Brendon screamed. "I've tried to please you all of my life now, and I'm fucking sick of it. I'm not the kid you wanted. I didn't go to college, so fucking what?! I wanted to start a band while you wanted me to go on a stupid fucking 'quest for the church'. So what? I'm nearly fucking thirty, I don't give a shit what you think anymore. Brooke is my daughter, get over it. She looks just like me, she's just like me. There is no way she isn't my daughter. I'm sorry that you don't have the perfect child, I'm sorry that you hate what I am doing with my life. But you have no right to come in here and insult my daughter. Now, kindly, get the fuck out of my house."

Brendon was now shaking with rage after he finished yelling. Boyd and Grace's eyes widened with shock. Brendon was usually the kind-hearted person that hardly ever screamed, let alone at his own parents. But Brendon was tired of his parents controlling his life.

"Brendon... I-" Grace's voice cut Boyd off once he opened his mouth to say something. She stepped toward and stood between the two men.

"No." Brendon lifted his hand up, cutting her off. "I want you two out of my house, now." Boyd glared before walking out with Grace with him. Grace gave Brendon a look of sadness, before the door slammed with a loud thud.

He sighed and rubbing his eyes. His throat hurt from screaming and yelling so much. Brendon started up the stairs towards Brooke's room. He stopped when he was standing outside her door.

A sob was heard from inside. It broke Brendon's heart to hear her cry. He opened the door without hesitation, and his heart felt even more broken. She was buried under the covers with her knees against her small frame. Her back was pushed against the bedframe and her blankets were covering her head.  

He sat down on the bed and gently moved the covers. "Hey, princess. It's me, I'm here." Once her face was uncovered she looked up with tears in her eyes. Brendon sighed and gently wrapped his arms around her and placed her in his lap.

She clutched his shirt in her tiny hand as she quietly cried into his shirt. Brendon felt horrible. But he also felt angry at his father.

"I- is it true, was I, a mistake...?" She said lowly. Brendon's eyes widened as his grip on the girl tightened.

"No, no. You were a surprise, not a mistake." He whispered slowly in to her ear. Brendon slowly hummed 'This Is Gospel' in her ear. The teddy bear lay beside them as he gently moved the covers and sat her down on the bed and wrapped the covers around her once again.

He sat on the corner on the bed and gently smile down at his daughter. "Are you mad at the meanie man down stairs?" She asked. Brendon nodded sadly but didn't say anything.

He looked down and sighed before he felt Brooke nudge him. He looked up and saw her holding the teddy bear. "Take Mr. Beary. He makes me happy when I am sad." Which caused Brendon to smile widely. He was glad that she loved the bear he gave her.

He gently picked it up and smiled at his daughter. He kissed her head, "It's getting late, princess. And princess need their beauty sleep." Brendon smiled and stood up.

"Night Daddy." Brooke whispered closing her eyes. Once she was asleep, Brendon placed the bear next to her and flicked the light off. He took one last look at his sleeping daughter, before closing the door gently.

Today was one eventful day. Tomorrow would be even worst as he had to face the truth. The internet knew about Brooke and there was mixed feeling about it.

*****

Hello! Wow double update. I got bored so I wanted to write this. I hope you like this. I know Boyd and Grace probably wouldn't act like this is real life but I tried.

Remember to vote and comment! And new update tomorrow. Bye guys.