Joining a New Side, Wave!

Lubbock and Tatsumi entered a large room where Night Raid sat around in couches and chairs. They took their seats on a couch and Leone gave a Lubbock a quick pat on the head just as Najenda opened the door.

"Good, you're all here. I just want to clarify things. Starting with what happened yesterday during the war. Akame. Report."

Akame stood up from her seat on the couch.

"I encountered Esdeath as told. I admit, she was much stronger than I figured. So I used my trump card... and I was able to kill her."

"Woah! Awesome!" Tatsumi exclaimed, wondering why everyone else weren't beaming.

"Her trump card is cursing herself with Murasame." Najenda said. "Unfortunately, she did it in a state of panic and nearly exploded from the inside. We're still looking for a way to cure her, but in the meanwhile she can drop at any moment and never wake up."

Akame shifted her sleeve up, showing red blemishes in the form of scars all over her arm. "I don't mind. I'm just happy that I was able to defeat Esdeath, and that we can possibly change the Capitol together." She said, but Tatsumi can clearly see that she was deeply upset.

"Thank you Akame, you can be seated. As far as I know, the prime minister escaped and is currently being searched. It's alright, Leone you did your best. The current death count at the moment is... 1,673 civilians and 748 soldiers including both Imperial and Revolutionist." Najenda reported from a parchment of paper in her hand. Both Mine and Lubbock guiltly looked at each other.

"The remaining soldiers of the Imperial Army are going through a trial. Most of the Jeagers have been eliminated. As a last announcement, I wanted to introduce a new recruit I believe will be a great addition to Night Right. Come in."

A young man with jet black hair stepped in and Tatsumi's eyes widened.

"Wave!?" Was his outburst in shock. Wave looked back at him with a similiar perplexed expression.

"Tatsumi!"

The rest of Night Raid looked back and forth between the two males. Najenda eventually cleared her throat and Wave regained his posture.

"So... I believe you two know each other." Najenda said.

"Y-Yeah... when Esdeath took me in..." Tatsumi clarified with an indifferent look. "But... why are we bringing in an enemy?"

Akame had stood with her sword but Najenda motioned her to sit back down.

"First off, he was the one to notify me of Esdeath's location. That is how I was able to tell Akame exactly where to go without wasting time." Akame stared at Wave before bowing her head.

"I-I see. I am sorry for my previous act of hostility." Akame formally apologized. Before Wave could respond, Najenda moved on.

"Next, he came back with Lubbock and Tatsumi. From his report, it seemed like he had saved their lives. Is this true?" Tatsumi reluctantly nodded. "During this time, he also pointed General Armon to Leone's location. Tell me, is he still evil after going against his own government during a war?"

Nobody answered. Eventually Wave set down his own sword with a small smile.

"I... I know I have a lot to make up. After a lot of thinking, I realized I've been on the wrong side after all. I was too focused on protecting my home that I hadn't realized what the government was doing behind my back. So I figured, maybe there is a chance that I can still redeem myself and hopefully contribute to making the Capitol better. Just like I had promised my mother." He said determinedly.