Red-Stained Massacre

"Heart cherries or blood cherries?" Tatsumi stood blankly at the front of the merchant. Lubbock had halved the items on the list so they could get everything quicker. Unfortunately, Tatsumi was barely on the second item out of eight.

"U-um... Erm..."

"Kid, they're just cherries." Tatsumi mentally slapped himself from having an anxiety attack and weakly pointed to his right.

"Uh h-heart cherries?" The family is Heartfield after all...

"That'll be seven coins." A lot less expensive than the southern parts of the country. Tatsumi paid off the fruits and headed for the next item. Pumpkins. The family is seriously addicted to pumpkin pie. He wondered how Lubbock was doing on the other side of the district. Hell, Lubbock may already be done and waiting on him to pick up the pace.

In what seemed like an hour, Tatsumi had finally finished his part of the list and went to the less noisy area of the village. He and Lubbock agreed to wait at the opening after finishing the errand. By the time they get back to the mansion, Lubbock's mother plans to spend the whole afternoon cooking while everyone socialized and played games together. Albeit that seemed to be the routine, there was always a liveliness to the family that made everyday unique and unforgettable. It will definitely be hard to leave such a place like that, but as he and Lubbock agreed to, they will make time to visit.

"Ready Tatsumi?" Lubbock asked suddenly. Tatsumi had jolted from his sudden appearance, but nodded.

"It doesn't seem like the villagers had recognized us. It's to be expected. News tend to travel a little slower around in rural areas." Tatsumi said. It was not as though he intended to experiment with not having a disguise. He just happened to forget his jacket and the villagers just happened to focus on making money. Which is good for now.

"Yeah, that's why it's best to leave as soon as possible. You know, in case any wanted posters gives them a new idea on how to make money." Lubbock said with a sigh.

"No worries. We're not leaving forever. Only until this whole war against the Jeagers dies over." Tatsumi said. "Think about it. You could tell me all about your past, we can wonder around here, watch the skies, especially since these trees are a lot bigger. And maybe-"

"Tatsumi." Lubbock interrupted. Tatsumi instantly shut his rambling up with a sheepish grin.

"Aha, well you get the point anyway."

"Actually, once everything is over, I was hoping to get to know you more." Lubbock said. Tatsumi blinked.

"H-huh? But what else is there to know?" He asked and Lubbock had exhaled deeply with a pink tinge to his cheeks. Shit, now he's blushing himself as well.

"I dunno. Maybe your past too, the way you think, j-just stuff I'm still curious about." Lubbock muttered. "You spend so much time focusing on me. It would be unfair not to switch gears once in a while."

"I see..." Tatsumi trailed off before grinning widely. "Alright, after dinner, I'll tell you a little about me as a kid. Just know, I was a huge brat. It's amazing how much I've changed. I actually stopped stealing food from people's plates." He reminisced happily. The mere fact that Lubbock wanted to know more about him set off fireworks in his chest. This time, he did not bother to question this indifferent feeling.

"Heh, we would have gotten along as kids." Lubbock joked and Tatsumi laughed.

"If only that were the case. Imagine where we'd be right now if we had met a lot sooner." He responded. It was meant to be friendly. However, an image of him and Lubbock holding hands flashed in his head. It seemed he wasn't the only one with an unusual imagination because Lubbock's face seemed to be more red than his. Tatsumi wondered what he was thinking.