To Master from Incursio

"You cannot ignore me forever."

What is it talking about? How could he avoid something that he does not know about?

"You... I need you..."

For what?

"If you want my power, you must offer a part of your mind. Somewhere easy to seep in. Somewhere vulnerable."

Power..?

"Is it not Inursio's true power you seek to eleminite a powerful enemy?"

"He's starting to wake, quick grab me another cold towel." Tatsumi stared up at the lit cieling dazedly, not particularly feeling his limbs, or even remembering that he has any. He could only hazedly watch the worried faces of his friends with half-open eyes, and a cold, wet material rested gently on his forehead.

"Whazza going'on...?" He mumbled illiterately and they only continued to talk over him. Tatsumi was finally able to see more clearly and saw Najenda pacing the room. Akame and Mine were seated on the bed beside him with Leone and Lubbock on the other side.

"This can't be right..." He heard Najenda claim. She seemed to be going through the book of notes on teigus Lubbock was known for writing in. Why would she do that?

"Boss, he's conscious." Leone said. Najenda walked over and examined him.

"He still looks out of it."

"No... I'm fine..." Tatsumi said with great effort as he tried to sit up. Lubbock only forced him to lay back down and with one look from him, Tatsumi gave up.

"I don't think he knows." Mine said. Tatsumi began to grow self-concious as the group continued to stare at him with worried looks. "Akame."

"Got it." Akame went through a dresser and held up a hand mirror. "This may be weird, but..."

When she held the mirror up to his face, his heart stopped.

...

"What... What the hell is this!?" Tatsumi had left the room and was staring at a full mirror in his room. The group had followed him, but he paid them no mind as he rubbed his right eye several times. However, each time he blinked it open, instead of the normal dark green orb was a shaking, blood red pupil.

"Was my eye bleeding!? There's no way it would just switch colors-!"

"That's what we're trying to figure out!" Najenda said over his panicking. "However in the section of 'Incursio' in the teigu handbook, it did not mention any sort of transformation under a rebound. We're not sure if you are experiencing a rejection since it is most likely in another person's use. However, we aren't sure of that either because usually the previous owner must be dead in order to be used."

Tatsumi scowled at her explanation. There is no way Incursio, which is miles away, would affect him like this. What else would happen as the week comes to an end? Is he slowly becoming dangerous? That can't be...

"For now, all we know is that your physicial features are acting up. Like a red eye and fangs-"

"What!?" Tatsumi looked back at the mirror and bared his teeth. Indeed, there were two pairs of fangs slowly outgrowing his teeth. How could his body quickly adjust to these changes? How did he not notice this before?

"This isn't normal at all. I may have to send a message to a few colleagues." Najenda finally said as she closed the book. "We need to record any signs of disruptions to your physical or mental well-being in order to figure something out. Or at least have a grasp at what's going on with you."