The War (Part I)

The morning atmopshere built up on tension and work. After the calm yet quiet breakfast, everyone set out to do last minute preparations for their final encounter with the enemy.

"We're scheduled to meet the Revolutionary Army by the outskirts east of the territory." Najenda announced as they filed outside. Tatsumi saw that none of the members had a look of worry on their faces. He only saw trained determination and obedience.

"We'll use 'that' to reach the place a lot sooner. It wil make a slight difference since for sure the Capitol knows what we are up to. Everyone remember your positions once we set out."

"Yes ma'am."

...

Up in the skies, Tatsumi once again found himself flying on the large organism he had remembered when Chelsea first joined. As usual, Mine and Lubbock were toward the back holding their stomachs as he, Leone, Akame, and Najenda rode bravely in the front.

"Aw Tatsumi, looks like your cutie still can't handle a little height." Leone teased. Tatsumi doubted that was the case and it was more of the speed they were going at. He only laughed it off turned around in his seat.

"Hey, Lubba!"

"Wh-What?" Lubbock whimpered from afar. Tatsumi shook his head exasperately and carefully navigated toward him.

"How are you and Mine holding up?" He asked. Lubbock pointed toward Mine, who held onto Pumpkin for dear life.

"Why couldn't we just walk..." Lubbock complained as he held his own stomach more. Tatsumi sat behind him and wrapped his arms around the shuddering boy. Lubbock leaned back against him and covered his hands with his own.

"Duh. This is faster." Tatsumi said in his ear. "Now stop fidgeting so much. Can't you handle a little flight?"

It took a while, but Lubbock had finally eased up. Through the entire flight, they stayed close until the organism began to land. Up ahead, Tatsumi was amazed at the hundreds of rebel souldiers all lined up nearly in long rows. Once they landed safely, the group exited and Najenda waved the mammal off.

They followed the boss to the front of the souldiers and Tatsumi felt his heart race. It was the exact same feeling he had when he and Lubbock were ambushed after the decoy ticked them off to Wild Hunt. A feeling of not knowing what to expect, and that there is no choice to but to go along with it because there is no turning back.

"General." Najenda greeted and Tatsumi took a closer look at the man she had greeted.

"Woah! Armon!" Both adults looked at him as he ran up. "It's been a while! Aah..." He realized the scene he was making by being a little informal. "U-Um... General."

"It's alright. Stupid kids make stupid mistakes." Armon greeted with a gruff smile. "How is that friend of yours?"

"Oh Lubba? He's doing alright. Your stitch really did save his life. It's just so unbelievable that you were able to patch him up with all the injuries he had and-"

"Slow down, motor mouth. Of course I was able to fix him about right. It's my teigu." Tatsumi stared in awe when the man held up a simple looking medical kit.

"Your teigu is medicine?" He asked and he received a hardy laugh in response.

"If that was the case then it wouldn't be a teigu. Just like you hear about weapons that can kill ya in a split second, there are weapons that can save a life even near death. This is the closest item to reviving people our army has ever gotten our hands on." Tatsumi had really ought to get down and bow to the man.

"W-Wow. I don't know what to say-"

"Prepare your positions!" Najenda called. Tatsumi quickly returned to the group as the soldiers all lined up perfectly. He remembered Najenda mentioning how some of the soldiers wielded teigus. Perhaps they did have more of a chance at winning against the Capitol.

"Night Raid, disperse!" Just like that the members separated in a flash. However, there was a tap on his shoulder and he turned to see Lubbock smiling up at him.

"Good luck. Try not to get yourself killed." Lubbock said. Tatsumi grinned back.

"Last one to come back here has to do kitchen duty for a whole week." He betted and Lubbock laughed before kissing him deeply.

"Haha. We'll see."

"Lubbock!" Najenda called out. Said male chuckled and readjusted his gloves.

"See you later, Tatsumi."

Tatsumi watched his lover catch up with Mine and smiled.

'You will, Lubba.'

"Tatsumi, think you can grab Incursio in half an hour before it starts?" Najenda said as she got onto a horse. Tatsumi nodded and began to head out toward the Capitol. He most definitely will.