Observation

During their stay, Tatsumi noticed no matter where he went Lubbock was always right next to him. "Inseparable" as Lubbock's mother had described it with delight.

Tatsumi believed she was mostly right. After all they are the only two who know more about each other than anyone else. They both have the same affiliation with Night Raid. Lastly, Tatsumi is still a bit new to the mansion so he's going to need some guidance.

Another habit he and Lubbock grew into is using their free time to discuss matters in isolated areas. Lubbock came up with the idea of going into the office down the hall on the first floor.

"My dad used to sit in there for hours." Lubbock had said. "It was always a thing to not disturb him. Fortunately, he's sick so we can use it without Weis or Lauren trying to sniff their nose around."

"Didn't you say he locks it?" Tatsumi had asked and Lubock was already holding out a key.

"I was smart enough to copy the key. All of my brothers did."

Needless to say, the office was filled with several files and such. Tatsumi could feel his curiosity yearning to go through the drawers on multiple occasions but just sitting in a small room alone with Lubbock made him behave.

Tatsumi also noticed how the other two brothers, Erin and Houstin, could not care less about his and Lubbock's background. It made Tatsumi a little more suspicious of Lauren. Why is that guy so nosy if he clearly said he did not care? Weis made a lot more effort to follow him and Lubbock around, whether they were walking around the mansion together or simply sitting in the living room. This did not mean that overall the stay was unpleasant. Tatsumi really did see the sibling rivalry between Lubbock and his older brothers. He would would laugh from the sidelines and watch the boys bicker on who their mother loved most or who could hold their breath the longest.

Then Mrs. Heartfield would threaten to slap them with a wooden spoon and give them all chores to do. It was easy to imagine these scenes with the boys as kids. Lubbock as a child must have been an adorable sight. Tatsumi also learned just how amazing Lubbock is at soccer, and that he really wasn't kidding about being best at well, everything.

"That's not fair! You knew I can't use my left hand well." Erin had shouted from the goal. Lubbock just bounced the socar ball on his knee with a blank stare.

"Best 33 out of 46?" He suggested.

The past couple days really brought a true smile to his friend's face and Tatsumi could not ask anymore from the rosy smiling teen.

"Okay, we just need one more day." Lubbock whispered as they walked through the rosy bushes. Tatsumi sighed heavily. At first he was very pleased with the sheltering, but now he was anxious to leave as soon as possible before something could happen involving the butler or even Lauren.

"We haven't been able to train." Tatsumi said.

"It can't be helped. We're nearly always watched. That's why I shortened our stay. I wish it could be longer, especially for my mother. But I'm just not liking the atmosphere sometimes."

"Feels almost fake."

"At least with one of them." Lubbock said and Tatsumi knew he was referring to Weis.

The noon sun blazed upon them and just as they reached the front, Mrs. Heartfield walked out with a stack of two large baskets.

"Oh boys, there you are! Could you both be a dear and help me with some errands?" She gave them each a basket and a slip of paper. "Your father is well enough to join us for dinner. I want to make this a special night. All the Heartfields are together and of course your friend is one of us now." Tatsumi blinked widely while Lubbock laughed softly.

"O-One of you guys?"

"Yes sweetheart. You have been nothing but gracious and humble. You are a fine young man as well, I think I have a friend who's daughter is about the same age as you."

Rubbing the back of his head with a blush, Tatsumi was about to comment, but Lubbock had already grabbed his wrist rather tight and yanked him.

"We'll be back soon then." Lubbock said before pulling him along down the path to the gates.

"Ah you're kinda squeezing pretty hard." Tatsumi muttered with a wince.

"Huh? Oh sorry." Lubbock let go and checked the paper. "Okay let's see, aw jeez. She's seriously intent on making a restaurant."

Tatsumi looked at the list and sweated.

"She plans for us to get all that with just these two baskets?"

"I don't mind. I'm just glad to be back. Even for just a little. It's the most fun I've had in a while." Lubbock admitted. "After this, I'm definitely going to make visits. Have you ever had her parfait?" Tatsumi smiled.

"I wouldn't mind tagging along. It's nice to meet new people." He commented. Lubbock turned his head but Tatsumi swore he saw a pout.

"Like her friend's daughter." Lubbock mumbled. Tatsumi sighed.

"You don't seem exactly excited. Why? Am I stealing girls from you?" He joked and Lubbock slapped his shoulder.

"No it's... y-you'd just get all attached to her and... and forget about everything." Lubbock stammered.

Tatsumi hummed at his remark. "I'm not all that interested in dating at the moment. Or being in love really. Too much to focus on on."

"You're not?" Lubbock asked rather quickly and Tatsumi raised an eyebrow in response.

"Maybe sometime in the future then."

"Well be sure to let me know if you do end up finding someone."

"Moral support?"

"No. So I can hit you."