Closer

Tatsumi's eyes fluttered open and his mind tried to process the blurry vision of an unrecognizable room. The first instinct that hit him was looking for Lubbock, but then the hours before he fell asleep began to replay in his head. That's right...

He looked down and found Lubbock half on top of him. He did not remember them laying down on the bed and tried not to let his mind wander.

"Hey..." He whispered, nudging his friend's shoulder. His response is the cute wrinkling of Lubbock's nose as he apparently tried to keep sleeping. This made Tatsumi give an airy chuckle.

"We can't stay like this forever, you know." He reasoned and in a few seconds, Lubbock's eyelids finally rose. Once again, the tired yet sparkling emerald green eyes made Tatsumi's heart skip beats. Is it normal to acknowledge these features in such a manner?

"Mm... Tatsumi...? Why are you staring at me like that?" Lubbock murmured and Tatsumi caught himself before turning his head to the side. He hoped this action hid his heavy blush. It also did not help that Lubbock continued to lay on him as though he was some pillow. However that was quickly resolved.

"Oh, let's get going. They could be waiting on us." Lubbock announced as he sat up with furrowed brows. It's amazing how Lubbock went from a vulnerable sleepy head to a proactive leader.

"It looks like we slept past noon. Sky's starting to set." Tatsumi monologued. "Haha we slept for quite a bit, huh?"

"Hm yeah." Lubbock agreed and stood. Tatsumi hummed.

"In fact I didn't have a nightmare." He wondered aloud. Lubbock shrugged as he opened the door with Tatsumi behind him.

"Probably cause we slept on a nice bed after a while." He reasoned.

"And you slept on me." Tatsumi joked and voiced his pain when his bicep was punched pretty hard.l

"Don't take it the wrong way. I just forgot to warn you that I'm pretty mobile while I sleep." Lubbock said and Tatsumi could see he was trying to hide a blush. "Haha sure."

They eventually made it downstairs where Lubbock's mother bustled in and out of the kitchen.

"What happened to those chefs we used to have?" Lubbock asked curiously and the mother batted her hand.

"You came back after all these years. It would be a crime not to cook a home made meal." Tatsumi could practically feel the guilt wavering from Lubbock's acknowleging grin. He placed a hand on Lubbock's shoulder with a reassuring look.

"I personally don't see a problem with it, mrs..." Tatsumi trailed off. The woman smiled.

"Mrs. Heartfield, dear. But don't be afraid to call me Nora." She completed for him before checking on the oven. Tatsumi's eyes widened once he made a connection and whipped his head at Lubbock, who was slowly trying to creep away.

"Lubbock Heart- wahaha!" Tatsumi fell down while clutching his stomach. He could hear Lubbock screaming "Shut up!" and only continued to laugh more.

"It's not funny, you dick!" Lubbock yelled over his laughter with very red tinted cheeks. Tatsumi finally took a breath, but pointed at Lubbock with a humored grin.

"Of course! What, you put a little heart by your name too?" He teased and rolled away before Lubbock could kick him.

"Why you-!"

"Settle down boys! Why don't you go see if Lauren needs help with the cattle?" Lubbock's mother shouted from the kitchen.

Tatsumi stood and apologized multiple times to Lubbock, although not being sorry at all. Lubbock continued to walk ahead of him out the foyer and outside.