It's Official

"Tatsumi! Time to get up!" Said male winced from the loud voice and looked out the corner of his tired eyes with furrowed brows to see Leone by the door. "Aw, I forgot you weren't much of a morning person. Shall I make it up to you~?"

Tatsumi did not bother moving when the woman walked over. He only held Lubbock against him more and mentally smiled at the petrified gasp from Leone. No doubt she is clearing seeing him and a sleeping Lubbock cuddling in bed together.

"U-Um... come back when... you guys are a-awake I guess..." He heard Leone akwardly say and once he heard the door shut, Tatsumi buried his face in Lubbock's green hair. It will be a pain to face everyone later because Leone will be sure to tell the rest of the girls what happened.

"Mm..." He felt Lubbock stirring and he could not help shivering slightly when warm hands slid up his bare chest.

"Mornin'..." Lubbock greeted in a sleepy mumble. Tatsumi could not help but press their lips together, butterflies fluttering in his stomach when Lubbock kissed back.

"Hey there." He greeted after parting their lips. "Brace yourself for later."

"Why?"

"I think they're about to catch on to us." Tatsumi said and Lubbock groaned.

"Leone...?"

"Leone."

...

"Aha! See!?" Leone exclaimed.

Tatsumi and Lubbock stood blankly in front of the members of Night Raid.

"Is that true? You guys are... close?" Akame asked and Tatsumi shrugged as he went to the kitchen.

"Yeah." He answered casually.

"And you guys... were in bed...?" Mine asked. Tatsumi answered positive as Lubbock had decided to sit on the couch with a red face. Hopefully, they do not take it the wrong way since all they really did is sleep.

"Lubbock and Tatsumi, huh? Never would have expected that." Najenda said with her hands on her hips. "I could have sworn Mine-"

"That doesn't matter!" Mine interfered with bright cheeks. "I-I need to go make up my bed!" She quickly excused. Tatsumi watched her run off with a blink.

"What was that all about?" He asked Leone and the blonde woman hopped down from her seat on the table.

"Oh don't mind that. Just know you disappointed a lot of your fangirls. Including this sad little lion~" She said with a smirk. "Shame. I guess my little mark on you didn't work well- ah!"

Tatsumi sighed when Leone had to dodge a thrown apple at her. He went into the living room and sat beside Lubbock, who was pretending as though he wasn't trying to murder Leone with a fruit.

"The least you can do is not kill your team mates." Tatsumi said with a humored look as Leone whined in the background.

"I'm not. I'm just reminding them of their boundaries." Lubbock retorted calmly. Tatsumi leaned in next to his ear.

"You don't need to worry about that." He murmured and softly laughed at Lubbock's burning cheeks.

"By the way, here is a parchment of what the plan is sketched out to be for our confrontation at the end of the week." Najenda said as she tossed a roll of paper to Lubbock. "I trust you to make any reasonable changes or notes for open-discussion in the meeting by the end of the day."

"Yes ma'am." Lubbock said, propping a leg over the other as he opened the paper and began examine it. Tatsumi could not help but observe Lubbock. This is one of the reasons why he truly admired him. He had thought of this before when they were staying with the Heartfields and Lubbock had switched personas. Despite wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans, the older male looked professional. His laid-back, outgoing demeanor could easily fool anyone by the day.

"I really like you." Oops. He had not meant to say it out loud. He flushed when Lubbock's eyes darted in his direction.

"I really like you too, Tatsumi." Lubbock said with his infamous rosy smile. "Heh, hold this for me. I'm going to get a drink." Completely hypnotized, Tatsumi took the parchment and watched Lubbock get up and head to the kitchen. In a way, their attraction to each other was an unfair gift from the heavens. In a way, it was a gift because Tatsumi could not see himself being this happy with anyone other than Lubbock. However, it was unfair because just as he is experiencing this happiness, there is the internal worry about how their future will come to play with the corrupted government taking over the continent.

After, a few minutes, Lubbock sat back down on the couch with a steaming glass of tea. Tatsumi handed the paper back and contently leaned against Lubbock's side as he read the parchment again. He could barely make out what the writing on the paper was, but since Lubbock is able to read it, he could care less what it said. In fact, he had forgotten about everyone else since he was so focused on the other boy.

"What's this? Too good for the boss's cup?" Leone said sneakily from behind the couch. Tatsumi blinked at her statement, and looked at Lubbock, who seemed careful not to make eye contact and had a mild blush on his face. Tatsumi looked down at the cup and realized that it was his cup with his own name on it.

"Aaw~ You know what, you guys are kinda cute together." Leone commented and ruffled both of their hair before departing. Tatsumi hugged the reluctant Lubbock tightly with a large smile, feeling particularly giddy over the fact that Lubbock was using his cup. He then pecked Lubbock's cheek.

"Want to start using my clothes too?"

"Shut up..."

『バウンド』 Boundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें