The War (Part III)

Tatsumi stared up in disbelief when the large cyborg-like contraction arose from within the city's walls. He could hear the the Revolutionary Army mutter in confusion and shock. Even Najenda was trying to change the plans.

"Boss, what's-!"

"I don't know!"

The sound of a heavy explosion took place and Tatsumi saw the animate metal obliterate large buildings and cluttered houses.

"That thing is mindlessly killing people!" Tatsumi yelled. When Najenda had held him back from going forward, he growled. "I can't stand around waiting for instructions when half the city will be in ruins by the time you come up with a new plan!"

"No, Tatsumi! I'm sure Mine and Lubbock can handle it while they are evacuating! You need to stay here or else there is no telling what you will rashly do on your own!" Najenda argued. Tatsumi stepped away from her and strode forward once more, only growing more irritated when she stopped her horse in front of him yet again.

"Tatsumi at least think about what the hell you are getting yourself into!"

"I'm going to make myself useful instead of sitting back and letting you babysit me! I'm tired of being treated like I don't know better! It's a hell of a lot better defending the city than sitting here waiting for everyone to die again!"

"Tatsumi-!" He did not remember calling out its name but in a few seconds, Incursio's armor had appeared over him. No matter, he needed to get to the scene fast. Lubbock and Mine could be in danger. There is no way in hell he plans to lose Lubbock again.

Several moments later, he could see the prime minister shouting out to the Emperor, who is inside the mechanism. Where is Leone? Is she not supposed to be dealing with the old man?

Once again, the surge of power pulsed through his body and he forced himself to get it together as he flew up to the massive teigu.

"What's this, prime minister? A bug!?" The child emperor yelled in disgust. Tatsumi already did not favor this soon-to-be fight with the brat, but he did not want anymore destruction to be caused.

Without saying a word he held up the spear and dashed forward in the air, swiftly destroying one of the arms. The child had screamed and charged a series of bullets at him, and Tatsumi easily navigated through them. Through the corner of his eyes, he noticed the bullets destroying even more of the buildings.

Did this emperor not know what he is doing to his own kingdom!?

"I'll show you the power of Shikoutazer!" Tatsumi figured the child was referring to the large teigu he was wielding himself. With no interest to find out, he planned to aim his spear dead-center at the teigu's window. However, a large beaming light appeared from below the base.

"Prepared to be blown to bits! You and your miserable so-called rebel group! Prime minister, am I doing well!?" The emperor screamed in delight as he slammed a finger down a button. Tatsumi was horrifically faced with a sky-scraper sized missile and he clenched his teeth. He could not carelessly slice his spear through the missile. Nor could he dodge it and let the weapon destroy the whole land.

Simple, he is going to give it right back to the emperor.

"Ahahaha!" The missile was released and Tatsumi dispersed the spear. Once the tip of the missile made contact with the armor, he gabbed at the massive weapon with a grunt. It was harder than it looked and he could feel himself going down with it. If only he had the strength to toss it back...

As though his thoughts were read, Incursio's forbidden energy surged through him. If this is all that takes to defeat the emperor...

"Haaah!"

"WH-WHAT!?" The child cowered back in his seat of the ultimate teigu as he watched Tatsumi heave the large bomb back at him. He screamed hoarsely when the missile made contact with his teigu and exploded dangerously within the system. "Prime minister! H-Help me!"

The old man quickly looked around from his spot on the balcony. "W-We need general Esdeath! That'll show the runt!" With a sudden hurry at the mention of the sadistic woman's name, Tatsumi sped through the air, hoping to make the final blow. The Emporer clearly saw through his plan because he began to hastily press every button in the dying machine. Tatsumi was more quicker and dodged the small air attacks before bursting through the Shikoutazer.

At once he heard the system completely malfunction and glanced down to see Esdeath staring right back at him.

"Tatsumi..." She whispered and a crazed grin stretched across her face. "You will pay dearly for not meeting your fate!"

"ESDEATH!" Tatsumi sighed in relief when he found Akame darting toward the icy woman.

"M-Minister! Help me! What do I do!?" However, the prime minister had mysteriously disappeared from the balcony and the large robot began to tilt dangerously. No matter, if the Emperor fell, the citizens will all be cleared out by then

"Tatsumi!" He looked around when his name was mentioned. "Over here!"

His eyes rested on Lubbock and Mine waving at him. To his surprise, the people were still near the area where the massive teigu could fall on.

"What happened to clearing them out!?" He yelled at the two.

"We can't push them further because the Imperial Army is going against the revolution near us! You have to move him somewhere else!" Lubbock yelled back. Tatsumi stared at the hay-wiring machine. How the hell do they expect him to push the extremely heavy metal in a different location!?

"Please Tatsumi! We tried the best we could!" Mine shouted, using Pumpkin to shove back a curious onlooker. "As much as I would love to leave these fools here, we can't change the government after mass-murdering an entire Capitol!"

Before he could scold them even more, the teigu began to fall. He dashed toward the machine and pushed back on it, already knowing he wasn't making the slightest difference.

"D-Dammit..." He swore and regrettably began to rely on Incursio. "Come on... I need... just a little more..."

-"Then take it."-

The spirit wormed in his mind and he lost his hand position for a second. Shit, he forgot about the consequence of taking even more power from Incursio. Well who cares about that now!? The damned Shikoutazer is about to crush everyone, including the ones he cared about!

The more he pushed and worried for his friends and lover, the more the spirit unnoticeably seeped deeper into his head. Although he improved by slowing down the drop, Tatsumi still needed more strength and Incursio gladly gave more.

Then it happened. His mind completely went blank as his body gave out. As the teigu accelatered down into the Capitol, his heart raced as blood squirted out his mouth. Soon, his limp body collided into a building along with the destroyed debris of the city.