Chapter 38

Chapter 38

I walked up the snowy path, taking out the keys from my pocket and unlocking the door. I had been sent home early as it was quite quiet today as it was New Year's Eve and people would of been busy getting ready to go out and celebrate the New Years.

I closed the door behind me, taking my shoes and coat off at the door. I walked into the kitchen filling the kettle about a third full before I put it back on the element for it to boil.

As I waited for the kettle to boil I looked out the window and watched as the snow fell on the ground. Once the kettle was boiled, I grabbed a cup out of the cupboard putting a tea bag in before I poured the boiling hot water in and milk.

I sat down on the sofa, today was the last day before Tom came back from Bolton which I was grateful for. Even though I've been with Jay most of the week, I still miss Tom's loud mouth every day.

I was just falling asleep on the sofa when my phone rang, making me jump about 10 feet in the air.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone once I had calmed down a little bit.

"Hey Nath!"

"Oh hi Max, not that I mind but why are you calling me?" He chuckled and I could almost hear him shaking his head at me; for what? I didn't know.

"You've forgotten haven't you?"

"Forgotten what?" I asked and once again I could hear him shaking his head.

"About the New Year's Eve party!" He shouted.

"Oh shit sorry, I forgot. What time does it start again?"

"8:30" I looked at the clock, it was only 7:20 which meant I had an hour and ten minutes to get ready which was more than enough time for me.

"Thanks for reminding me, I'll see you then" we said our goodbyes before I hung up.

~

"TOM!!" I shouted over the loud music, pulling him into a hug.

"I thought you weren't coming home until tomorrow?" I continued.

"We was but I begged my mum to come home when I heard about this party" I rolled my eyes at him, typical Tom.

"I'm going to get us some drinks, Tom do you want one?" He shook his head.

"I've already got one thanks" I gave Jay a quick peck on the lips before he went to go and get us drink.

Me and Tom went to find a seat in the living room, it was filled with lots of people from our old high school. It was sort of a high school reunion/ New Year's Eve party whilst we were walking to our seats a couple of people that were in my classes would say a 'hi' or 'hello' to me in which I would reply with a 'you alright?' With a smile.

We found a seat in the far corner of the room and as we waited for Jay to come back with mine and his drinks we chatted about his time in Bolton until Kelsey had came up to him in which he turned all of his attention to her. I decided to give them some privacy so I went to investigate what was taking Jay so long, it had been about 45 minutes now.

I was about to open the kitchen door when Jay just popped out of nowhere next to me holding two drinks in his hand.

"Jesus Christ you scared me!" I shouted, hitting his arm.

"It's not funny Jay!" He continued to laugh. I frowned and took my drink of him before stomping off into the kitchen.

"Aw, I'm sorry Nath" he cooed, pinching me cheeks.

~

"10"

"9"

It was nearly time for us to welcome in 2014 so we all stood in the kitchen area, watching the tv waiting for Big Ben to chime and also to see the fireworks display in London.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Happy new year!!" We all shouted, I turned to Jay whispering a happy new year to him before his lips met mine in a sweet kiss after a few seconds we separated.

"Happy new year Nath"

We then all got in a circle, each of us holding hands as we all sang 'Auld Lang Syne' which after that turned into a group hug.

This was probably the best start of a new year ever.

---------------------------------

A/N:

Sorry it took so long for me to update, I've just had massive writers block and I've been so busy with school. I know that it is a lame excuse but it's the truth. Also, sorry the ending is a bit shit hopefully the next chapter will be better. Hope you're all well until next time - talia x