Chapter 37

Chapter 37.

I had just got home from a four hour shift from Starbucks, the sky outside was pitch black it looked about midnight more than eight 'o' clock at night good job that I decided to drive to work today. I walked to the fridge hoping that there was something to eat inside but there wasn't. I would of gone to the shops to buy something on my way home but it's Christmas Eve and shops always shut early on Christmas Eve.

I opened the freezer and luckily there was still two tubs of ice-cream left, I grabbed one before closing the freezer door and grabbing a spoon. I sat down on the sofa, turning the tv on whilst I tried to open the lid of the ice-cream. I watched as the lid flew across the room and landed somewhere near the door.

I'll get it later.

Or I might just leave it there to biodegrade.

Which probably would hundreds or even thousands of years to do.

Which is the same time it would take me to pick that lid up.

I flicked through the channels watching a repeat of celebrity juice Christmas special. Once that had finished I decided to watch a Christmas film, which so happened to be 'it's a wonderful life' one of my favourite Christmas films.

After the film had finished I went to get my second tub of Ice-cream, this time the lid didn't go flying like the first lid did. I was half way through my ice-cream when someone started knocking on the door.

Who could this be knocking on the door at midnight on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

I looked down at my ice-cream and then back at the door, deciding if I should continue to eat my ice-cream and ignore the door or answer the door and leave my ice-cream to melt.

Decisions decisions.

I reluctantly got up as the person knocking didn't go away and answered the door. There stood Jay holding a bunch of red roses and a box of chocolates.

"Merry Christmas Nath" he said handing me the roses and chocolates "can I come in?" He asked, I nodded to shocked to even contrive words.

"Are these for me?" I asked once I was able to find my voice and he told me that yes, they were mine.

"They are beautiful thanks Jay, better go find a vase I don't want them dying on me" I walked into the kitchen, placing the chocolates and roses on the counter top before I tried to reach the glass vase which was on top of the cupboard which was a little to high for me.

"Here let me help" Jay said from behind me, making me jump out of my skin as I didn't know that he was there.

I stepped back so Jay could get nearer to cupboard so he could reach the vase. He easily grabbed it and gave it to me making me look like a short arse.

'Well you are a short arse' a voice inside my head screamed.

I half filled the glass vase with water before I emptied the flower food packet thing into it and I carefully put the roses in. I pondered where I was going to put them and I decided the best place to put them was in the living room where they would get sun.

I ran up to Jay and enfolded him into a hug.

"Thanks Jay so much, you're the best" I whispered into his ear.

"No you're the best for being my boyfriend" he whispered back.

----------------------------------

Hey!! So there's only 3 chapters left but like I said there will be a sequel and I'd like to thank @puppy883me for making the cover for it. The sequel is going to be called 'Broken Promises' which will hopefully be up in December or January if all goes well.

I hope everyone is well and to everyone that celebrated it had a great thanksgiving on Thursday - Talia x