Chapter 12

No nightmares. Not a single one. I turned around, slowly trying not to jolt the bed so I didn't wake up Jay that was sleeping beside me with his arm protectively wrapped around my stomach. Maybe that's the reason that I had no nightmares because jay had his arm wrapped around me like he was protecting me from the nightmares.

His soft snores filled the eerily quiet room - no sirens, no car no loud chatter coming from drunk students, nothing - I smiled at how cute he looked whilst sleeping, yeah he looked cute when he was awake but more so when he was asleep. I couldn't understand, how could a human be so perfect. Look at him, his beautiful ocean blue eyes, curly hair, charming smile and also contagious laugh. Then there was me, dull green eyes, horrible greasy hair that makes look like a 12 year old.

Why would Jay ever like someone like me? I'm ugly, I'm worthless I don't even deserve to be alive. My arms itched for the cold metal blade, but I didn't make a move to go and look for one in Jay's bathroom as I had promised him that I would try and stop, I didn't want to disappoint Jay. I don't think I could bear it, seeing the look of disappoint on his beautiful face.

I didn't know the time but I knew it was quite late as the moon was out and the sky was pitch black. I closed my eyes to try and get back to sleep, which I regretted almost immediately as I got another flashback of the house fire, you'd think after 4 months it still wouldn't haunt me but it does and I'm afraid it will haunt me for the rest of my life. I buried my head in Jay's chest, hoping that maybe Jay could make the flashbacks and nightmares leave again.

"It's okay nath, I'm here" I lift my head off his chest slightly, I watch as he tilts his head to the side, some of his curls falling to the side to reveal his eyes glistening in the dark room.

"Sorry Jay, I didn't meant to wake you" I said.

"Hey, it's okay don't worry about it. Did you have another flashback?" He questioned, his voice laced with concern. At the park I also told him about the flashbacks and nightmares I tend to get regularly which get in me in such a state that I usually turn to the blade.

"Yeah it was terrible, I-I..." He cut me off.

"It's okay, you don't have to repeat it" he told me as his strong, toned arms pulled me into him and I buried my head into his chest. The warmth from his body made me feel safe and secure like the nightmares or flashbacks couldn't get to me, which I hoped was true.

"Shh, go to sleep nath. I'll still be here when you wake up. I'll always be here Nathan, just close eyes" he then started to hum a tune that I didn't recognise but it was kind of catchy and also kind of soothing like it made me want to fall asleep. He kissed the top of my head which made me blush. I closed my eyes and focused on his voice. That was the last thing I heard before I fell into a deep slumber.

---------------------

A/N: sorry guys, this chapter was more of a filler but I'll try and make the next chapter more interesting.

Next update: Thursday.