Chapter 3

- Nathan -

 It was the last lesson of the day - Maths - sadly, I didn't have this lesson with any of the boys. The teacher had told me to sit at the table at the back of the room, where two girls were sat. I must admit they were pretty, one had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes and the other had brown hair with the tips died pink and hazel eyes. If I was straight I would probably fancy one of those girls, but I'm not straight, I'm gay and so far no one has caught my eye although Jay is Kinda cute...Wait what? Jay is my friend, no Jay isn't cute. oh who am I kidding, I Nathan James Sykes admit that Jay is kinda cute, but friends can find each other cute right without it meaning anything right?

There was 5 minutes of the lesson left and our maths teacher that I had never learned the name of started going on and on with himself about how to find the area of a trapezium or something like that. When I had sat down next to the giggly girls they immediately asked me my name which I told them and then they replied with their name; Lauren, the blonde one and Siobhan the brunette one. Siobhan had an Irish accent which was amazing, I love the Irish accent, I wish I had an Irish accent.

The time was going agonizingly slow, it had only been 2 minutes since I last looked at the clock and yet it seemed like 5 minutes had already passed. I needed to go back to Tom's house and sleep; even though I lived there now, it didn't and would never seem like home, not really because my home is back in Gloucester even though it is just ash now and they are probably building a new house where it lay as we speak.

The bell rang and I couldn't get out my seat fast enough, I stood up and shoved my maths book and water bottle in my bag and when the teacher dismissed us, I quickly walked out so I could get home and sleep. I met Tom outside the school gates and we walked back to his house.

When we got in the house, I said hello to his mum and I told them that I was going to sleep, I didn't wait for their response I just rushed upstairs into my room, I shut the door and threw my bag somewhere in the room and changed into grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt before I climbed into my bed and as soon as I closed my eyes I was out like a light.

--------------------

Hey Mum, Hey Jess,

Like I said yesterday it was my first day at the new school here in London. It went well, I didn't get bullied and the teachers didn't make me stand at the front and say a few things about myself. 

I met Tom's friends; Max, Jay and Siva. They are all nice and made me feel welcome. Me and Jay got along like a house on fire, we would just talk about everything and anything, he made me feel like myself again; my old self before you both died. 

When I got home from school, I went straight to bed. Yeah it may have been half 3 in the afternoon but I was tired. It's now 3am. I had a dream about you guys. It was when we went to the water park. I was 13 and Jess was 9. We were at the water park in barbados, I remember it was 27° and you let me and Jess go off on our own as you was too scared to go on the slides. We had a lot of fun that day. 

Do you remember that day? I hope you do.

I miss you two so much, you don't understand how much you hurt me for leaving me. I know that it wasn't your fault that you died and I know this sounds really selfish of me but I wish that you didn't die, I just want you back here with me. 

Every night it haunts me, hearing Jess' screams every time I close my eyes. I have nightmares every night of the fire. Where I was trapped in my room, with the smoke coming from underneath my bedroom door, with the sound of the crackling fire and Jess' screams filling my ear. I was put into a medically induced coma for 21 days. Tom, his mum and brother - Lewis - was sat down in my hospital room looking sad, at first I thought it was because I was in a coma, then they dropped the bombshell; you two had died in the house fire and the fire rescue team couldn't get to you because the roof had collapsed on you guys just after they pulled me out of my room. 

I was extremely pissed off when I found out that they pulled me out first before you guys, I don't have any recollection of how I got out of the house because I collapsed due to lack of oxygen and me being asthmatic didn't help the situation either.

I'm tired but I'm scared; I'm scared to go back to sleep because I know when I close my eyes I will have another nightmare about the fire, like I do every night ever since the fire. I just want a good nights sleep without having to remember about the dreadful events of the fire. 

Have a good sleep with the angels,

Love Nath  x x x 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello again guys! The wanted life is on tonight, who's watching it? I know I am :D Have any of you read 'NJS'? It is amazing, I read it in like 4 hours, a little warning though; it's very VERY sad and if you don't think you are emotionally ready for it then don't read it because it is very sad. Just go on therealworldpassingby's tumblr and you can read it. I'm getting off topic here, hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm enjoying writing this story for you, it is fun and I hope most of you like it. I'm trying to update as fast as I can, so I usually start writing the day I've posted the last chapter so I update it on time. I finish school for the summer holidays in about 2 or 3 weeks so I will have more time to update then. 

NEXT UPDATE: TUESDAY 

Edited - 3/5/14