Chapter 34

'Thanks for tonight, I had a great time' is what the message read.

I stood up and threw my phone on the bed and watched as it bounced off and hit the floor, too angry to go and check to see if the screen had cracked or not. I wanted to march over to Jay's and demand answers as to what was going on with him and this girl and why he's been so distant towards me lately. 

On the other hand, I didn't want to know. Too afraid that i'd hear my worst nightmare; that he was cheating on me and that he never really loved me so he was just stringing me along until something better came along. 

What if I was all of this in my head? What if I'm making this out to be something it isn't?

I sighed, sitting down on the floor bringing my knees to chest, I could feel tears forming in my eyes, I would usually fight them back but I let them fall freely this time. 

"Nathan?" Tom asked quietly through the closed door.

I wiped my face with the back of my hand and I cleared my throat so it didn't look or sound like I had been crying. 

"Are you okay? Only it sounded like you had been crying" shit, busted. 

"I'm fine and no I- I haven't been crying" My voice betraying me as a set of fresh tears ran down my face. 

Tom sighed and opened the door slightly.

"Can I come in?" He asked and I nodded wiping away my tears once again. 

Tom walked in, closing the door behind him and sat down next to me. 

"You're not fine Nath, now tell me what's wrong?" 

"It's Jay" I managed to mumble through my tears. 

"What's he done now?" 

"I think he's cheating on me" Tom had pulled me into his chest and started rubbbing my back soothingly. 

"How do you know?" 

"I don't, I just think. I saw this girl called Emma post something on his facebook page saying that she had a good time with him"

"That could mean anything though" 

"Like what?" I asked turning to look at him. 

Tom stayed quiet. 

"He is cheating on me isn't he?" 

"I don't know Nath, I don't know. I hope for his sake he isn't." He picked me up bridal style and put me in my bed, tucking me in.

"You should get some sleep, you look knackered. Once you've calmed down tomorrow how about I come with you to see Jay and find out what's going on with him and this Emma girl, okay?" I nodded, he kissed the top of my head before starting to walk out. 

"Tom" I called after him, he stopped and turned around. 

"Yeah Nath?"

I looked down awkwardly. 

"Do you mind staying with me until I get to sleep?" 

"Sure Nath" He smiled and lay down next to me. 

"Close your eyes, you'll get to sleep faster" Is the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Hello Guys! How are you all? 

Hope you liked this chapter, only 6 chapters left and there's going to be lots of drama. I can't wait for you all to read it :) The song on the side has nothing to do with this chapter except that I was listening to it when I was writting and I also love JLS and this song. Hope you're all well - Talia xx