Chapter 13

I woke up with the feeling of a hangover. Maybe I did have a hangover, Maybe I was drunk. Drunk off Jay. Is that possible though? Getting drunk of spending time with a human. As Jay had promised he was still there, lying next to me. He was awake, looking down at me.

"How long have you been awake?" I questioned.

"a while. I didn't sleep that much last night"

" Was I kicking you in my sleep?"

"No you wasn't. I was awake because I was worrying about you"

"Please don't worry about me" I didn't want him worrying about me. I didn't want anyone worrying about me. I didn't deserve anyone worrying about me.

"But I do worry about you, and I will worry about you Nathan, you shouldn't be dealing with this, you deserve to be happy not scared because of these nightmares and flashbacks you get. I just wish I knew how I could get rid of them" I wanted to shake him and scream at him 'you make them go away, your presence alone makes them go' but that would be weird and he would of probably ran out of the house with his hands in the air screaming at how weird I am. Okay, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration but still it would of been weird if I did and I wouldn't of been surprised if that was the reaction I got. Instead I shrugged my shoulders and lay on my back as Jay had removed his hand from my body and I yearned for him to wrap his arms around me again but that can't happen, we're just friends and friends do cuddle like that.

I wish I had the strength to tell him how I felt. I wish I could just say 'Jay, I think I'm in love with you' but I'm scared; I'm scared to tell him that 'cause what if he doesn't feel the same and also he's with Lauren. Even if he does have feelings for me it's not like he is going to dump a beautiful girl like Lauren and come springing up to someone like me, is he?

---------------------------

We spent most of the day lounging around on the sofa, Jay's parents had gone to a cousin's birthday party. They had asked us to go but we politely declined so we had the whole house to ourselves - again - we had finished watching avatar and now we was watching inglorious basterds, my favourite film of all time.

--------------------

It was now 4pm and we were getting quite hungry, we decided to order a pizza and while we waited we listened to Vodafone's big top 40 on capital fm.

I had texted Noreen about my whereabouts so I didn't worry her. Not like last time when I decided to sleep on the bench for the night but ended up in Jay'a bed, after the rollicking I received I thought it best to text her to know that I'm well and safe. We started up a conversation on this weeks number one and somewhere in the conversation our faces seemed to have gone closer together and we were so engrossed in our conversation that none of us had noticed the change.

He stopped mid sentence as he looked in my eyes, I suddenly became self conscious. Did I have something on my face? I was about to voice my concerns but I stopped when Jay leaned making the distance between our faces smaller. It was like he was going to kiss me. Oh my god was Jay going to kiss me? Oh god it sure as hell looked like it. Lean in then idiot. I leaned in and our lips barely brushed when the doorbell rang.

Oh god, Jay Mcguiness was just about to kiss me and the moment had to be ruined by the stupid doorbell.

---------------------------------

A/N: woo hope you liked this chapter, it took me a while to write it as I had battleground blasting and I kept getting distracted and singing and dancing along to the songs haha. I don't really like the ending of this but I couldn't think of any other way to write it so this will have to do, I hope you like the chapter nonetheless.

Next update: Monday/ Tuesday.